Thread: Frank Proctor - Way of the Gun - Performance Pistol - April 16-17- San Jose, CA

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Frank Proctor - Way of the Gun - Performance Pistol - April 16-17- San Jose, CA

Frank Proctor - Way of the Gun - Performance Pistol - April 16-17, 2015 - San Jose, CA

Way of the Gun Performance Pistol Process

The Performance Pistol Process is a 2-day pistol course designed to give the shooter a more complete understanding of what is necessary for performance shooting with the pistol.

I define Performance shooting as: Applying the correct ratio of speed and accuracy to dynamic shooting situations with a goal of scoring maximum points in minimum time. For an example of performance shooting, I would say get on you tube and take a look at a world champion shooter competing in a USPSA field course or 3 gun course stage. As I see it there are only 4 things going on there allowing that shooter to win.

I call these the 4 Components of Performance Shooting:

*Processing

*Control

*Mechanics

*Movement

In the Performance Pistol Process we will explore all 4 components in detail and you as the shooter will walk away with new understanding of what it takes to be a performance pistol shooter. This 2 day course will provide you with enough repetition to completely grasp the concepts and develop new skills that will change your pistol shooting.

Course requirements:
    •Pistol suitable for Performance Shooting (Glock 19 or larger)
    •3 magazines or the ability to have 45-50 rounds per training iteration
    •Holster, open top or retention doesn’t matter. (The holster should be suitable for competition or combat carry)
    •Minimum 2 mag pouches
    •Belt
    •Hearing and Eye protection (wrap around eye protection recommended)
    •Minimum 1500 rounds for this 2 day course in order to get enough repetitions in to grasp the concepts and develop skills.
    •Personal items as needed.

Class cost, range fee is included in this amount: $545

Field Sports Park (Metcalf Range), San Jose, CA
    Date: April 16-17, 2015
    More details to follow later.

Contact Troy Garr to register - tgarr@hotmail.com

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This should be an awesome class, Mace.

Can I ask a big favor? Would you try and do an AAR after the class? I have read excellent stuff about Mr Proctor's training classes, and am interested in his thoughts and ideas.

Are you going to running one of your sweet 1911's for the class?

Thanks very much, and have a good week.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Absolutely! I have taken his Performance Pistol already, but I will take it again and do a write up...you know as well as I do that you must take the same class a couple of times to really "absorb" all the information.

I got "bit" by the STI 2011 bug...ugh...man, these beasts RUN. I roll a 9mm Eagle, Edge, and Tactical...it's a FAST gun...

PistolIII06222014j_zps6030a79c.jpg

Spartan032413_zpsdc6a416e.jpg

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very cool, I really like pictures of a well loved (which to me means well used) pistol.

I'll look forward to reading the write up. Have a great time!