Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: CZ Scorpion EVO3 for US Civilians

Feedback Score
    However, I do agree. The MP5-notch is a redundant feature since the gun has a bolt catch. I suppose if it bothered you then either the bolt catch could be removed or a block could be installed in the mp5 notch to eliminate one of the 2 hold-open features.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trackmagic View Post
    but I think you have to pull the charge handle back further than the bolt catch position to engage the "MP5-notch".
    This is correct.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The only way the notch can be engaged is to pull it all the way back (further than you need to in order to charge the weapon) and push it up. It takes a deliberate action. The CH doesn't reciprocate or move back when the bolt is locked back on an empty magazine.

If failure to know your weapon and understand it's manual of arms is a failure, that is news to me.

Kev, have you experienced this 'failure' when operating yours or someones CZ Scorpion? If so please provide details on how you did it.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 11-06-15 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    If failure to know your weapon and understand it's manual of arms is a failure, that is news to me.

Kev, have you experienced this 'failure' when operating yours or someones CZ Scorpion? If so please provide details on how you did it.
    Relax, Columbo... I didn't mean to get you all hype.

The first thing I did when I saw the thing was pick up the weapon, insert a fresh mag, press the bolt release, and nothing happened... because the previous person had engaged the notch. Thus my first thought was, "Oh... well that's stupid." I immediately and intuitively grasped the (dumb) manual of arms because I "know weapons." It didn't make it any less stupid of a design.

Redundant features are OK- so long as they don't cause failure modes.

The HK paddle-or-button mag release is an example of redundant features that peacefully coexist.

If the Scorpion had a crossbolt safety and a thumb operated fire selector, I'd call that a stupid design too.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I can't imagine why someone would want to be able to lock the bolt of a firearm open using only one hand.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Relax, Columbo... I didn't mean to get you all hype.

The first thing I did when I saw the thing was pick up the weapon, insert a fresh mag, press the bolt release, and nothing happened... because the previous person had engaged the notch. Thus my first thought was, "Oh... well that's stupid." I immediately and intuitively grasped the (dumb) manual of arms because I "know weapons." It didn't make it any less stupid of a design.

Redundant features are OK- so long as they don't cause failure modes.

The HK paddle-or-button mag release is an example of redundant features that peacefully coexist.

If the Scorpion had a crossbolt safety and a thumb operated fire selector, I'd call that a stupid design too.
    Hehe, ok pilgrim.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    922r kit from CZ-USA available now.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/Product...nd-Folding-Stock-Kit

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    922r kit from CZ-USA available now.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/Product...nd-Folding-Stock-Kit
    Yeeeessss!!!!
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got one on the way. Itll be nice to finish project I started back in January.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    55 years ago my father owned a MP-40 sub which had the bolt lock feature, which was handy for storing the weapon and cleaning it. And yes, it got away from us. I would expect that the Germans used the feature as part of their manual of arms. Too, I would think that blow back operating subs would all have the feature--especially those lacking a manual safety.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122