Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt Sporting Rifle CSR-1518

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Colt Sporting Rifle CSR-1518

My dad wanted to buy an AR-15 and I told him he should get either a Colt or a BCM. Last night he emailed me and told me that he ordered this:

http://www.coltcompetitionrifle.com/...ndard-features

Immediately everything about the rifle screamed cheapness especially the 18" Unlined cromo 4140 barrel with carbine gas system. I did a little digging and found this article:

http://www.recoilweb.com/colt-compet...#__federated=1

And despite the positive review, I read that Colt Competition licenses the Colt name and uses their parts. Not a real Colt, in my books. Think I should try to convince my dad to cancel his order?
    Last edited by Cold/Bore; 11-25-14 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Depends on his usage requirements. Hard to say. But with the Walmart 6920 prices lately, I'd steer him that way.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6920 or I'd go BCM or equivalent. 18" barrel with carbine gas?????
    Last edited by jataylor11; 11-25-14 at 08:27.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The 6lbs. "Competition trigger" is about to get my money!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    It's actually a TACCON 3MR.........

Feedback Score
    They are made by Bold Ideas. It was a small shop located in Canby Oregon until one day the owner got fed up with corporate taxes here and decided to move to Texas. At least that's what one of their sales reps I have talked to said. They are primarily meant for 3gun shooters so usually they have a fluted stainless barrel. Our LGS usually has several in stock and they seem to be well put together but I don't think it would be a good 'first AR' purchase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I didn't see that at first. How can 6lb and competition trigger be used in the same sentence? It appears this trigger is just a milspec trigger with a fancy coating, not unlike ALG ACT trigger.

Feedback Score
    He can pick up a Colt AR6720 for $800 and it is a great lightweight rifle. Be sure to check with G&R Tactical for their member price.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...il-barrel.html
    Last edited by SiGfever; 11-25-14 at 13:12.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks to all that responded. I convinced my dad to cancel his order. We'll see what he gets. He's got a connection that's getting him a deal. I went over the top tier brands with him, (Colt, BCM, LMT, Daniel Defense, Sionics) so hopefully his connection carries them.
    Last edited by Cold/Bore; 11-25-14 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    I just bought one of these for my brother as a wedding gift. It was going for $699.99. I know people are going to jump all over me and tell me better could be had. I don't care, and it sure beats the hell out of getting a set of pot and pans, or some bullshit like that as a wedding gift. Anyhow, I know it's cold hearted, but I'm going to shoot it a little bit before I give it to him, and write a little review on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast