Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Else Go Through Phases?

Feedback Score
    I don't really go through phases of what I think is better as I think I have it pretty worked out. However, I am a gun guy in the sense that I like a wide variety of firearms and I don't adhere to the I am only going to shoot one platform and caliber, because of the BS slogan of "fear the man with only one gun". Having said that, I know what my critical use weapons are train heavily with them, but I very much enjoy purchasing other weapons and shooting them for my enjoyment of the hobby. I will add that I am not rigid or brand loyal so I am most definitely always searching for that better weapon or set up to replace or improve my go to weapons / gear.

Feedback Score
    I went through lots of phases- old classic then modern tactical then back any so on. I find I sway back and forth less as I age and stick with the classics 1911's and smith revolvers. Do have a couple glocks but all my other modern tactical stuff is gone( I kept the gocks as opposed to the beretta hk sigs etc due to shooting gssf matches) over several decades have found my self reverting to the old stand bys. I do not get caught up in the flavor of the week stuff anymore. Good enough is good enough. Not much left to market that is any giant leap over what we already have and are used to

Feedback Score
    Howdy,

I've been through phases too.

Started with 1911A1s at age 12.

Switched to Glock 20 10mm at age 29

Switched to a Glock 23 at age 42.

At age 50 I still have all of them and my edc is the G23

Paul

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Hmmmmmm......I go through phases.....Guns - Guitars - Amps - Guns - Guitars - Amps

There are at least a couple of universal constants when it comes to tone......Pre '69 Fender Tube amps, with few exceptions are universally full of tone.

Just a small sample of another of my obsessions.

'66 Pro Reverb

'61 6BQ5 Tremolux
    The Pro is a beauty... Phases here too, less range time this year, more guitar playing. I've been updating my pedal boards lately..

Studio..

The Guitarists Thread..

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...399-Guitarists
    Last edited by jmp45; 12-11-14 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    I'm at the "I'll get good with whatever" phase. I chose a CZ first to start cause I thought the gun mattered a lot. Then I realized how bad I was and the CZ had no support, so I got an M&P(and its more accurate, even though the cz had an SAO trigger). Theres a lot of guns I "want" but I don't think it would really matter in terms of performance.

I went through phases of "what I want/need" before I really got into shooting. I thought grip angle was a big deal(and that I liked straight grips, but I've come to prefer angled grips like glock), and recoil, and comfort. I used to handle guns that felt good and REALLY wanted them(its how I ended up with a CZ). After getting decent with the M&P, I had an opportunity to shoot some of them, and realized my performance didn't magically skyrocket.

To see the gun make a difference, I believe you either have to be fairly mediocre, or REALLY good. I'm not at that latter level yet.

Again though, I could see the "I like this gun" feeling changing on occasion, but for a go-to? No.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-26-14 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been through a couple of pistol phases, most last a couple of years. Back in the 90's i was all about DA revolvers which eventually led me to DA/SA autos. Around 2004 i thought striker fired pistols were hot shit, then lost interest and got heavy into 1911's in 2008, and have migrated back to DA/SA since about 2010. DA/SA autos just seems to work best for me over the largest range of uses, but i still kept most of the other pistols as i enjoy shooting them.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pistol phases, yes. Shotgun phases too. Rifle, not so much.

Pistol was rotating between 1911 (Kimber and Colt) and my G17. Now I have sold all my 1911's (waiting to get a Les Baer) I am torn between G17 and my newly acquired VP9. However, throw into the mix the Sig I am planning on Black Fridaying and I will really have a competition going. I still have a love for the 5" steel 1911 and it will certainly have its place as I shoot it best and it carries most comfortably, but I have an interest in the 9mms too as they serve their role very well. I own and have trained with an M&P9 extensively as well, it just does not have that "personal touch" for lack of better description that the other pistols have with me.
    Last edited by danasaki; 11-27-14 at 11:09.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123