Thread: Barrett kudos

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Barrett kudos

I had an issue with an MRAD. Called Barrett, told them about it. They called back a half an hour later, part is on the way, second day air so I can have it before Thanksgiving. I wanted an extra magazine and gave them my card number. Got a call later in the day, I expected her to tell me the charge did not go through. No, she called to follow up and inform me my package had shipped. Excellent service. BTW the MRAD is an awesome rifle. Ronnie Barrett is making a big mistake not scaling this thing up to 50 caliber dimensions and down to 5.56 / 7.62 dimensions and selling barrel extensions and bolt heads to select gunsmiths. This rifle could become very popular. Things I love: Quick and easy barrel change with two clamp bolts a la LMT. Bolt and barrel extension are extraordinarily strong, stronger than anything else I have ever seen. Excellent trigger, good ergonomics, very stiff action / chassis. One piece action / chassis. Things I don't love, it's heavy, 16 pounds and the disassembly button is a challenge to push but for damn sure it ain't going to fly open when you don't want it to.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    That's good to hear about. I often look at the MRAD at the LGS sitting on the rack, even though I know I have a 223, 308, and 300 Win Mag I'd have to shoot the barrels out of before I'm good enough to appreciate a 338 Lapua.