Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silencer Shop put wrong address, set me back 4 months?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Silencer Shop put wrong address, set me back 4 months?

So today after a confusing email from silencer shop about my Form 4 submitted back in July they reluctantly told me they put the wrong address and had to resubmit when the ATF disapproved my form. I assume this completely starts over the process for me and I lose my place in line, correct? Pretty ticked either way...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hern13 View Post
    So today after a confusing email from silencer shop about my Form 4 submitted back in July they reluctantly told me they put the wrong address and had to resubmit when the ATF disapproved my form. I assume this completely starts over the process for me and I lose my place in line, correct? Pretty ticked either way...
    In my experience, errors on forms usually result in about a week delay as the examiner corrects the error.... not 4 months. But I suppose a "DIS-approved" form might be a different matter. I hope not!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah Roy at Silencer Shop wasn't too specific but I know I got an email about the ATF cashing my check as of yesterday which makes me assume I have to start the whole wait all over (Hope Im wrong).

Feedback Score
    That's odd. Should've gone into problem status, which results in an error letter...not a denial. Last two I had go into problem status on 11/5, and they were approved 11/19 after sending forms back.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 11-26-14 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    That's odd. Should've gone I to problem status, which results in an error letter...not a denial. Last two I had go into problem status on 11/5, and they were approved 11/19 after sending forms back.
    Maybe Roy just said disapproved on accident when it was just delayed? This is my first form 4 so its a bit new to me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Call them back, mistakes happen.

I'm still waiting on a form 3 that Silencer Shop/ATF lost from back on August 18th... actually a bunch of people's forms were lost.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Maybe Roy just said disapproved on accident when it was just delayed? This is my first form 4 so its a bit new to me.
    The check cashing email is what concerns me. It almost sounds like they got the approved form back a couple weeks ago, noticed they put the wrong address, canceled that F4 since the transfer hadn't taken place, filed a new one with the correct address, and you got the notification of that check being cashed.

Hopefully a phone call straightens it out...you may be right on the fact you're starting over, but at least you'll know what happened. I know they're open today.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Called them back, they said I will indeed be starting the whole process over. Pretty crushing feeling. Oh well nothing I can do, I guess.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Silencershop seems fairly squared away, I am surprised that you had this issue, although mistakes occur and this one had a tragic consequence. Did they say why you had to start over vice being able to fix the problem? Sorry to hear about your issue.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I don't feel sorry for you. You should be submitting you own Form 4, not depending on a dealer to do it.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast