Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leatherwood Hi-Lux CMR 1-4x24 ...anybody have one?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just received my CMR last Friday, have not shot with it yet, but MAC hit the nail on the head on my initial impression.
    The reticle is by FAR less busy than the PA ACSS

Bought for same purpose, hog hunting and range play

http://swfa.com/Leatherwood-1-4x24-C...AG-P73264.aspx
    Last edited by MBtech; 11-26-14 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    Just recieved my CMR last Friday, have not shot with it yet, but MAC hit the nail on the head on my initial impression.
    The reticle is by FAR less busy than the PA ACSS
    What setup is it going on? I'm thinking 6x might be a little over kill for what I'm gonna be doing with it.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard
    “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooch_ View Post
    What setup is it going on? I'm thinking 6x might be a little over kill for what I'm gonna be doing with it.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard
    I just installed it on my SCAR, the "christmas tree" style reticle is overkill for the application IMO
    6x is not needed for that kind of range
    Last edited by MBtech; 11-26-14 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Gooch, It sounds to me like a simple scope is what you want. Shooting at 250 yards or less doesn't require more than a simple reticle. Anything more than a simple cross hair does nothing more than clutter up your view. Have you thought about something like this? http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Niko...---------.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Gooch, It sounds to me like a simple scope is what you want. Shooting at 250 yards or less doesn't require more than a simple reticle. Anything more than a simple cross hair does nothing more than clutter up your view. Have you thought about something like this? http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Niko...---------.html
    Ya know....you may be right and that certainly leaves more room in the budget for a good QD mount.

What about the 3x magnifier option? Primary arms makes one to compliment my micro dot from them.

I had a thought last night that this may be the "scratch to my itch" until I decide what I want. I'm just learning about MOA, MIL, FFP, Reticle size importance......the info out there is daunting

-Robert E. Howard
    “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't own the CMR, but a guy had one at my gun club recently so I was able to look through, and do a bit of shooting with it. I liked the scope, and found it adequate for range work. I don't know how durable they are, but is seemed OK, at least for the range. I didn't mind the reticle, and didn't use the illumination, so can't comment on that.

For choosing an all purpose scope for my 6920 I went with an MTAC 1.5-6x40, and so far it has been a good scope, not that I've used it that much, as I have been working with irons for the most part. It holds zero, and while the reticle is a bit courser than I like, it works fine for the distances I shoot (100 - 200 yards).
    Last edited by Pilot1; 11-27-14 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gooch, I failed to mention the range I go to is 600 yards that was a big reason I chose the CMR. But for hunting I find the circle dot very quick to use.
    I have a Nikon P223 on an AR, great little scope for the money.
    Last edited by MBtech; 11-27-14 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    I don't won the CMR, but a guy had one at my gun club recently so I was able to look through, and do a bit of shooting with it. I liked the scope, and found it adequate for range work. I don't know how durable they are, but is seemed OK, at least for the range. I didn't mind the reticle, and didn't use the illumination, so can't comment on that.

For choosing an all purpose scope for my 6920 I went with an MTAC 1.5-6x40, and so far it has been a good scope, not that I've used it that much, as I have been working with irons for the most part. It holds zero, and while the reticle is a bit courser than I like, it works fine for the distances I shoot (100 - 200 yards).
    Thanks for the info I looked at the MTAC as well. I swear I've looked at all of them.

-Robert E. Howard

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The illumination really isn't daylight visible, but doesn't need to be because of the etched reticle, low light and dark is awesome especially for hunting, very crisp not fuzzy at all like some I've looked through.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Once you wring out the scope, let us know what you think. I would be interested in the ability to hold zero, pass the box test and durability.

I have a M73G4 Hi Lux on a 1903A4 replica rifle and have fired both GI and commercial 30-06 without any issues. The commercial 30-06 induces a lot more recoil than GI ball. I have not owned the rifle very long and am still apprehensive about durability.
    Train 2 Win

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast