Thread: SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 Feedback

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Not helping me...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Straw that broke the camel's back, I caved and bought 2 today. I will put 1 on a KAC 14.5 & 1 on a SCAR 17s. I figure even if I don't like the optic, I could sell them and not take a huge hit at the Black Friday prices.
    Patriotic:

You should like them. I do. Your pro/con list was pretty good, but I'd like to comment:

1. Pros: It's FFP elements. This does not make a big difference with the 1-4, but makes more sense with higher magnification. The "high magnification" reticule view is very good, and the ability to use the milrad system does not depend on setting it to high magnification.

2. Cons: It is heavier than a lot of scopes, but is pretty light for its type.

You will have fun with these scopes. Mine have worked out very well.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Thanks I probably should have listed the stiff adjustment ring as a con but I planned on getting s cat tail anyway (I think all LPVs need a cat tail)... SWFA also has a sale on their SSALT mount (non QD), I was initially thinking about their SWFA branded Bobro mount but is the SSALT at $30 (sale price) worth considering?
    Sorry, just saw this. I have mine mounted in the SWFA slightly forward mount. I've never used the SALT mount, so can't comment on that one. The SWFA/Bobro works very well.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have mine in an aero precision mount. I also use the switch throw aS it is fairly stiff.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogPSD View Post
    Sorry, just saw this. I have mine mounted in the SWFA slightly forward mount. I've never used the SALT mount, so can't comment on that one. The SWFA/Bobro works very well.
    Thank you, I bought 1 SWFA branded BOBRO mount, the more extended version which will go on my KAC 14.5 upper. I'm considering the less extended SWFA/Bobro or ADM delta for my 1-6 for the SCAR 17s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12