Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different Look On VLTOR MUR-1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    The price for the Manufacturer, or the consumer? From what I can see on pricing, consumer level pricing remains the same. I beleive the VIS is still cut from Billet. I wonder why the MUR is not and the VIS still is?
    I was just hoping the manufacturer would pass the savings on to the consumer
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd say be thankful the price hasn't gone up, I know our machine shop guys are griping about the price of aluminum going through the roof yet we haven't raised our prices for stuff we make at all in 4 years.

If it were me, I'd just build on it. But do what makes you happy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Someone on TOS claimed that Vltor claims that their tests show the new one is even stiffer than the old.

I wish they would still make the billet cut ones as well, maybe for a slight premium, as I think they look better (more angular etc) compared to the more melted edges of the new ones.

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score

Wink cutting production costs to cover increasing cost of scrap metal

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I was just hoping the manufacturer would pass the savings on to the consumer

HAHAHAHAH. That is a good one . I too hope for that and for gas to go back to $3.00 / gallon.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    MM,

Nice pics as always. Nothing else even close to the MUR out there.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    thanks stick - ditto.

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

Nothing else even close to the MUR out there.

Why is the MUR so much better than a LaRue Tactical Stealth Billet Upper? Thanks.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    Why is the MUR so much better than a LaRue Tactical Stealth Billet Upper? Thanks.
    A forged object is always stronger than the same part cut from a billet. The MUR and Larue were stronger and more rigid than a regular receiver due to of reenforcement in critical area's. By combining the beefed up design of the MUR and forging, Vltor has created the best upper receiver on the market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12