Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frog lube, good experience

Feedback Score

Frog lube, good experience

I am new to ars and here, just thought I'd share a quick experience I had with frog lube. I just bought my first bottle of it the other day, lubed my 6920 up with it. Well it got left in a horse trailer last night and I pulled it this morning, the temperature was -17. I put 3 rounds in a mag, pulled the charging handle and it fired flawlessly. Was really impressed that it operated as smooth as it did at +50. I'm definitely sold on this stuff.
    Last edited by ubet; 12-01-14 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    Froglube is good stuff. I have had a good experience with it. The only thing I have an issue with it is that Froglube turns into a solid with it drys. It can collect dirt and dust and slow up parts up. I have experience this with my knives I carry. Other then that it work great. Yes, I use Froglube on a lot of other equipment I use.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never tried leaving it outside overnight but I do shoot a lot in the cold. Anyway I use the paste in the summer and liquid in the winter. So far its been flawless! I use it on knives and my hand tools also...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Used to use Froglube. Gummed up in the cold. Insert mag, bolt release, nothing moved. Happened two separate times. Will never use again. Hype over with. It did run fine in the heat, but of course it did.

For anyone claiming that this must be "too much" lube (it wasn't) or it wasn't "properly heat treat applied" (it wasn't because that's stupid), I should be able to negligently dump as much oil/lube/water/clp/whatever as I like of it out on the open bolt and let it sit outside and have it immediately start running.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So the bolt just stayed locked back in the buffer tube? How did you break it loose? Was it the paste of liquid? Sorry for all the questions but I thought the paste was looking a little to "solid" for lube and was worried about this. Since the switch to liquid all seems fine. I'm using a little less liquid than when I coat it with the paste.

FYI...this is for my BCM 14.5 middy with BCM BCG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Used to use Froglube. Gummed up in the cold. Insert mag, bolt release, nothing moved. Happened two separate times. Will never use again. Hype over with. It did run fine in the heat, but of course it did.

For anyone claiming that this must be "too much" lube (it wasn't) or it wasn't "properly heat treat applied" (it wasn't because that's stupid), I should be able to negligently dump as much oil/lube/water/clp/whatever as I like of it out on the open bolt and let it sit outside and have it immediately start running.
    I wonder if it would have worked had you used it the way they tell you to.

If you don't want to "heat treat apply" it, then maybe don't use it? Not sure what usefulness there is to decide that you know better than the company how to use their product, purposefully ignore their recommendations, then bash them when it doesn't work.

Feedback Score
    I never heat treat apply the Froglube to my stuff. It seemed like a lot of work and I was lazy It worked fine for me. Like I said in my pasted post, when it gums up, dust and dirt get in there and slow things down. It is what I have noticed with my knives. I have not had any issued in my firearms.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I've had excellent experiences with it.

No cold weather experience... coldest it gets here is 15°F for a night or two... But it does a fantastic job preventing rust, it helps carbon wipe off with zero effort, I've never had a gun malfunction using it because of not enough lube, and it smells nice.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I wonder if it would have worked had you used it the way they tell you to.

If you don't want to "heat treat apply" it, then maybe don't use it? Not sure what usefulness there is to decide that you know better than the company how to use their product, purposefully ignore their recommendations, then bash them when it doesn't work.
    I've always wondered how much people use to get this to happen. You look at my guns and you'd never know it was there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b2dap1 View Post
    So the bolt just stayed locked back in the buffer tube? How did you break it loose? Was it the paste of liquid? Sorry for all the questions but I thought the paste was looking a little to "solid" for lube and was worried about this. Since the switch to liquid all seems fine. I'm using a little less liquid than when I coat it with the paste.

FYI...this is for my BCM 14.5 middy with BCM BCG.
    Run the charging handle a few times. Kept wiggling a little more each time. It was too far back for forward assist.

To the people talking about "heat treat".... lol.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast