Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How many defense pistols do you need?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Well, I interpret "need" as in "need to carry out my lifestyle and remain armed at all times legal".

So here in FL I'm not gonna be the tactical bro at the beach in the summer, nor am I rocking a compact semiauto in a business suit at a parter companies conference room, because if detected it would be BAD, even if legal.

Five

Ruger LCP - Pocket / Ultra discreet carry / BUG
    S&W J-frame - Pocket option / BUG
    Walther PPS - Slim 9MM for summer IWB
    HK P2000SK - IWB for cooler WX
    HK P30 - House gun

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I'll pass. J-frames are excellent backups but to be in any defensive situation with only 5-rounds is not my idea of being ideal.
    I'll second your pass of J-frames only.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I'll try again then..

1. Morning gun: Suppressed Glock 21 with X400 . I prefer something suppressed since I am still sleepy. Maybe with a laser so I can shoot without my glasses.

2. Breakfast gun: Pepper spray so any overshoot goes into my eggs.

3. Shower gun: Glock 26 with maritime cups in a neoprene ankle rig

4. Drying off gun: 410 Single Shot Derringer held discreetly between the cheeks

5. Driving to work gun: Glock 17 with Glock 18 mags and X400 and Supressor so It can be fired from inside the car without me having to turn up the Sirus XM

6. Work Gun. J-frame since I will actually be working.

7. Lunch Gun: G19 in Belly band with +2 mags extension. 5 mags.

8. After Lunch/Siesta gun (see morning gun).

9. Late Work gun. J-frame.

10. Driving home gun. (44 magnum Country, Supressed Mini Uzi for City)

11. Going up the Drive way gun. Suppressed Ak47 Pistol with Sigtac stock. Might get jumped. G19 back up

12. Dinner gun. P7M8 cause' I keep it classy.

13. Sitting around watching TV. HK P2000 because I watch a lot of the Unit and 24.

14. Fooling around with the wife gun. 50 AE desert eagle because I have compensation issues.

15. Sleepy time gun (see morning gun).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I'll try again then..

You joke but I've actually thought about putting just a little squirt in my chile recipe. I can never get it hot enough.

How many pistols does one need? I'd say a minimum of one that you'll actually carry. A Glock 19-sized auto is a good all around option. On top of that a J-frame for when I'm going unarmed.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Got to make sure you don't get the pepper spray with the Mace mixed in. Ruins the meal.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    On a more serious note, I know a couple of guys who carry a different gun almost every day; they select something fresh out of the collection every morning before they go forth. I think it's better to carry the one gun you're familiar with; that way when trouble starts, you're not saying to yourself "Hmmm, it must be Wednesday, I'm carrying the Glock . . . or are Wednesdays Sig P229 day?"

Could get you killed.

Feedback Score
    I've got 5 I could carry. I have concealment holsters (OWB) for a Sig P226, an N-frame, and a pair of Ruger Blackhawks, but I predominantly carry my Glock 30S. It's the only one with an IWB holster I have, and it's light enough I don't notice it. If I had to pick a gun to depend on in rough country, a Blackhawk would get the nod. The P226 I would go to war with. Either way, I'd still have the 30S in my waistband.

Feedback Score

I think the OP was getting to this.

Every time I start thinking of buying one, I watch this video and it kills the urge to follow the masses.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am in the 2-pistol crowd:
    -Semiauto for primary HD/CC
    -J-frame for backup / lightly dressed CC
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I'll try again then..

1. Morning gun: Suppressed Glock 21 with X400 . I prefer something suppressed since I am still sleepy. Maybe with a laser so I can shoot without my glasses.

3. Shower gun: Glock 26 with maritime cups in a neoprene ankle rig

4. Drying off gun: 410 Single Shot Derringer held discreetly between the cheeks

5. Driving to work gun: Glock 17 with Glock 18 mags and X400 and Supressor so It can be fired from inside the car without me having to turn up the Sirus XM

6. Work Gun. J-frame since I will actually be working.

7. Lunch Gun: G19 in Belly band with +2 mags extension. 5 mags.

8. After Lunch/Siesta gun (see morning gun).

9. Late Work gun. J-frame.

10. Driving home gun. (44 magnum Country, Supressed Mini Uzi for City)

11. Going up the Drive way gun. Suppressed Ak47 Pistol with Sigtac stock. Might get jumped. G19 back up

12. Dinner gun. P7M8 cause' I keep it classy.

13. Sitting around watching TV. HK P2000 because I watch a lot of the Unit and 24.

14. Fooling around with the wife gun. 50 AE desert eagle because I have compensation issues.

15. Sleepy time gun (see morning gun).
    baahahahahaha

classic

I guess 2 G19s, although just picked up a J Frame and have a shield.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast