Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primary Arms Micro Red Dot W/ 3x Magnifier Review

Feedback Score
    I have that same red dot on my M&P15-22 as well as my daughter's hot-rodded Ruger 10-22.

Amazingly enough...they have held up well and my daughter has beaten the little 10-22 around quite a bit! LOL

For the money...they are decent. Not something I want to take to battle or use in a patrol car on duty but for plinking and playing around they will get the job done.

On my 5.56 ARs, I went with the Aimpoint PRO and really like it. Starting out with the PA unit and upgrading later is not a bad idea. I shot my 6920 with irons for a very long time before it saw the PRO.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by en4cer View Post
    I was searching for an optic for a S&W 15-22 when I came across your thread Gooch. This looks like it could work. Thanks for doing it and great pics. My question to you is are you saying you paid $160 for the entire package including mounts? I'm coming up with a much higher price. About $220 and that's with a non QD magnifier mount. The RDS is supposed to be coming back in stock over the next few days so i'll order when it does. Am I missing a coupon code or did you just get it on sale? Don't take it wrong, even at $220 I think its worth considering, I was just curious about the price you mentioned. I've got another Primary Arms RDS mounted on a Beretta Storm and have had no issues with it. They have a good product at a good price imo.
    They were having a black friday sale at the time. Wait until it gets closer to Christmas and you may be able to grab one for a lower price.

Feedback Score
    Yes..that PA red dot on an S&W M&P15-22 is big, big fun.

We have run one pretty hard for the last 2 years and it has held up well.

I don't see a need for a 200-500 dollar optic on a 22 rimfire AR that is basically a toy. This is the platform where the PA stuff is totally appropriate if you ask me.

The PA micro on the 10-22 is also still running fine and the only thing I have done to it in 4 years is swap batteries.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Yes..that PA red dot on an S&W M&P15-22 is big, big fun.

We have run one pretty hard for the last 2 years and it has held up well.

I don't see a need for a 200-500 dollar optic on a 22 rimfire AR that is basically a toy. This is the platform where the PA stuff is totally appropriate if you ask me.

The PA micro on the 10-22 is also still running fine and the only thing I have done to it in 4 years is swap batteries.
    Did it have a battery life of 4 years?

Feedback Score

Primary Arms Micro Red Dot W/ 3x Magnifier Review

I was searching for an optic for a S&W 15-22 when I came across your thread Gooch. This looks like it could work. Thanks for doing it and great pics. My question to you is are you saying you paid $160 for the entire package including mounts? I'm coming up with a much higher price. About $220 and that's with a non QD magnifier mount. The RDS is supposed to be coming back in stock over the next few days so i'll order when it does. Am I missing a coupon code or did you just get it on sale? Don't take it wrong, even at $220 I think its worth considering, I was just curious about the price you mentioned. I've got another Primary Arms RDS mounted on a Beretta Storm and have had no issues with it. They have a good product at a good price imo.
    Ya man I got it during the Black Friday sale. Primary arms stuff seems to do what it's supposed to....not what aimpoint is supposed to....but a lot of us don't do what aimpoint is supposed to either.

I'm glad the review helped you out. The reason I did it is that I found a ton of info but no real good pics of the sight pictures.

At the Black Friday price I couldn't pass it up. I originally wanted a variable scope but decided on this for now.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard
    Last edited by Gooch_; 12-09-14 at 16:44.
    “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    They came back in stock today. I went ahead and ordered. I've been sitting on the fence to long for an optic for the 15-22. You and brickboy kinda pushed me off. Thanks again guys.

Feedback Score
    They came back in stock today. I went ahead and ordered. I've been sitting on the fence to long for an optic for the 15-22. You and brickboy kinda pushed me off. Thanks again guys.
    Sure thing post some pics when you get it squared away

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard
    “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

Feedback Score
    8 ar's. 6 red dots. Can we agree they all can't be $500 or more? Been pretty happy with primary arms. Whooped"em pretty good without issue. Rather milspec for Indian country but impressed overall for my defensive workouts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234