Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Training with Simunitions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I get to participate in structured FoF pretty regularly with sim cartridges and airsoft. I regard it as a vital component to the overall training and assessment package.

Getting shot with full powered sims isn't particularly painful, but it is beneficial. Those who pillow themselves head to toe lose some of the feedback effect.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great info thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anyone know of anywhere in Northern Va that does this sort of training?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Highly recommended.

FOF with sims are very much one of the greatest training instruments on various levels. I, as much as other here, could probably write a book on how awesome and how much you learn from it.

As was mentioned, cups, good mask or eyepro and gloves are very much required. Also dont wear clothing you like because chances are itll be destroyed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Highly recommended.

As was mentioned, cups, good mask or eyepro and gloves are very much required. Also dont wear clothing you like because chances are itll be destroyed.
    I've found that if you wash the items within a reasonable time frame - a day or two - the marking soap from Simunitions or Force-On-Force comes out.

I've also got a couple of items that got put into my bag for a week or so and those marks tend to stay.

I work in police training and we make our guys wear their duty uniforms - so they can see first hand any limitations to movement that their uniforms impose.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I've found that if you wash the items within a reasonable time frame - a day or two - the marking soap from Simunitions or Force-On-Force comes out.

I've also got a couple of items that got put into my bag for a week or so and those marks tend to stay.

I work in police training and we make our guys wear their duty uniforms - so they can see first hand any limitations to movement that their uniforms impose.
    Pistol only right?

Ive had rifle sims go through cotton close up.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Pistol only right?

The ATK 5.56 rounds do not penetrate clothing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BC98 View Post
    The ATK 5.56 rounds do not penetrate clothing.
    5.56 UTM rounds will cut through 500D nylon with ease.

Wear your normal clothes you are training for (aka SWAT = swat gear, civ = civ clothes). As long as it isn't an up close shot on bare skin the round won't penetrate flesh. Then add a cup, neck pro, gloves and head pro (gas masks work great for no fog). The pain is there to teach you. The main issue I've seen with sims (as mentioned in the video) is people pretend concealment = cover.

Other than that sim training is amazingly good and fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am at the office now and our new rounds are the ATK Force on Force. They seem to work much better than the original sims ammunition. We keep our scenarios limited to short realistic scripts that are consistent from group to group. These can degenerate into very expensive paintball games if not they are not controlled.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pistol only right?

We never bought the 5.56 Simunition Rounds, we went with pistol caliber Sim uppers.

We currently use the ATK Force-On-Force bolts for their 5.56 as well as the pistol uppers.

No penetration problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast