Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Type of Malf is This?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm glad you posted this. It's a good visual reminder to not go apeshit on the mag when inserting it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I'm glad you posted this. It's a good visual reminder to not go apeshit on the mag when inserting it.
    That's not really the whole story - when it's cold a balls (and you can't feel your hands well, and are basically struggling just to crab claw the magazine into the magwell in the first place) on top of tired and under time pressure: this is a very easy malfunction to induce. Therefore : train to really do it the right smooth way (get the front of the magazine in, rock it back, slide it up gently, push then pull to make sure it's locked) even in good conditions so the muscle memory is there to get it right in all conditions. It won't feel like you're going apeshit if you whack it just a little too hard, it's just going to feel barely fast enough to get back on target, then the trigger will be mush without a bang sound.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    Just curious...how was the rifle setup for the drill? Pre smacky-whacky...or we're you just doing a bolt lock reload?
    I believe this was set up as a type 3.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What Type of Malf is This?

I just had one of these tonight. Thought the bolt was closed when it was open, ignorantly slapped the mag home too hard, released the bolt and bam, cartridge over bolt with a double feed.

It was extremely challenging getting the cartridge from between the bolt and the upper. Guess I'll never do that again any time soon.

(30 round PMAG)
    Last edited by HKGuns; 12-23-14 at 07:56.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12