Page 62 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Arisaka light mounts and accessories

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I'm only concerns about heat.

What say ye, hive?
    Move it back.

ETA: Slippers, any chance of getting a picture of a 1" ring mount with a light installed? Preferably with the head off so we can see the proximity of the light to the top rail? For example, second picture in THIS POST, but with the 1" light body in the mount itself.
    Last edited by nimdabew; 07-29-15 at 22:15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Are the picatinny offset mounts large enough to mount an SR-07?
    I have no idea. I don't own an SR tape switch. The picatinny adapter has 5 peaks and 4 valleys, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Move it back.

ETA: Slippers, any chance of getting a picture of a 1" ring mount with a light installed? Preferably with the head off so we can see the proximity of the light to the top rail? For example, second picture in THIS POST, but with the 1" light body in the mount itself.
    Like this? It's a real pain to take the head off a G2X-T. The ring is going to be wider than the light body, so if you look at how close the ring sits to the rail, it's basically the same thing as seeing the body of the light in the ring.

Also, I was able to snap these tonight. Not my normal quality, but you can see how it works with a magpul mbus pro. You have to use the outermost position for the picatinny adapter on the offset scout mount to have enough clearance. I imagine it's very similar to the BCM positioning when you move it out that far.

Last edited by Slippers; 07-30-15 at 00:12.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Like this? It's a real pain to take the head off a G2X-T. The ring is going to be wider than the light body, so if you look at how close the ring sits to the rail, it's basically the same thing as seeing the body of the light in the ring.
    Close. I was referring to this mount, not the inline one.

http://arisakadefense.com/products/r...ht-mount-m-lok

I absolutely love my Scout mount and how close the light sits to the rail, but I may be changing lights here pretty soon and I want to keep with your mounts since I like the first one so much.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Close. I was referring to this mount, not the inline one.

http://arisakadefense.com/products/r...ht-mount-m-lok

I absolutely love my Scout mount and how close the light sits to the rail, but I may be changing lights here pretty soon and I want to keep with your mounts since I like the first one so much.
    I have a ton of family in town this weekend, so I don't know if I can pull everything out for photos until Monday. I do have this shot with a KeyMod version of the ring light mount on a Noveske NSR, if it helps:

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    No worries. I am not ina huge rush. I just want a pic like this one to show how close the light will be to the top rail. I just bought a Nitecore P20 and I was going to replace my scout with that light. Just need a way to mount it.

Feedback Score
    hey heads up on Malkoff heads... they're developing brighter V2 heads and the existing (V1) heads are half off at their website:

E1:
    http://www.malkoffdevices.com/led-up...00-1cr123-head

E2:
    http://www.malkoffdevices.com/led-up...00-1cr123-head

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    As nolt mentioned, Malkoff has updated the recently released TIR heads with a new revision. The 2nd generation E1T has 9000 lux at 1 meter and 300 lumens. We have the new 300 lumen models available on complete 300 series lights. Also, we have just a couple of the first gen 200 lumen models available at a significant discount.

The 2nd gen has slightly less throw than the 1st, despite having more lumens, in exchange for much more spill. It's a toss-up, honestly. I'd be happy with either one.

Available with your choice of momentary or clicky tailcap: http://arisakadefense.com/products/300-series-light.

I've been a little absent from the forums because my wife gave birth to my first child last Thursday. Should be able to get that front ring mount picture at some point.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    my wife gave birth to my first child last Thursday.
    Congrats Slippers!!! Thats awesome!

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Many of you have seen glimpses of Arisaka products in the BCM KMR and Magpul M-Lok threads, as well as some of the various picture threads spread across m4carbine.net, but I'd like to formally introduce everyone to our company and product line, and invite questions, discussion, and feedback. I also want to thank G&R for running this forum and allowing us to contribute.

Arisaka is a design and manufacturing company based out of Apex, NC. The company is run by myself (Will) and my close friend Walter, and we employ several of our family members. All of our products are entirely manufactured in the USA. Additional background details about Arisaka can be found at http://arisakadefense.com/pages/about-us.

Our initial product offering includes a line of light mounts and control accessories for KeyMod, M-Lok, and Centurion CMR handguards. The following is a brief overview of our product line. The majority of the photos are provided by UWone77 (Richdkim on m4c) and Stickman.

Inline Scout Mount - Designed primarily for KeyMod and M-Lok handguards with 45 degree mounting surfaces like the BCM KMR and Geissele MK8, the inline scout mount places M300 and M600 Scout lights very close to the handguard. The mount features three lateral positions for the Scout light, allowing you to tuck it up close to the top Picatinny rail or give more clearance around wider front sights. The base of the Scout light sits 0.200" above the KeyMod or M-Lok mounting surface, so it's extremely low profile.

Ring Light Mount - Available for KeyMod, M-Lok, and CMR, the ring light mount uses a vertically secured closed ring to clamp a light in place. Two ring sizes can accommodate lights with diameters from 1.00-1.03" and 0.84-0.88".

Finger Stop - Available or KeyMod, M-Lok, and CMR, the finger stop is meant to be placed further forward on the handguard, between your index and middle fingers. It can also be used as a forward hand stop. Several customers have told me that it works for their setup as a rear hand stop, although this wasn't my original intent when I designed the part.

QD Mount - A low profile QD mount for M-Lok handguards. Not much to be said about it.

While our current product lineup isn't very broad, we do have a few new parts in production right now. The first is a minimal vertical grip which will be available for all three handguard interfaces.

Second is a streamlined mini-Scout body which will allow a wider range of front sight compatibility when used with our inline scout mount on handguards like the BCM KMR, KAC URX4, and Geissele MK8. In particular, the mini-Scout body does not include the Picatinny mount wings, which are main clearance issue with Diamondhead and Troy front folding sights. You'll also be able to "build" your own mini-Scout by using a Malkoff E1/Scout head and Surefire Z68 tailcap. Both these and the vertical grips will hopefully be available by the end of December.

We have a whole list of additional products waiting to go into production, so 2015 should be an exciting year for us. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post, and you can contact me here on the forums by PM or email - will@arisakadefense.com.
    looks pretty nice - solid.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've been a little absent from the forums because my wife gave birth to my first child last Thursday. Should be able to get that front ring mount picture at some point.
    Congratulations, Slippers!
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 62 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast