Page 102 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1249

Thread: Arisaka light mounts and accessories

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Somewhat, but without the 1913 rail, and as close to the handguard as we can get it.
    Thanks for the response.
    Exactly. Delete the picatinny slots and integrate a sling loop without the cross bolt attachment, keeping it minimally wide and tall. I figure it could be ~0.5-.6" tall and about 1.25" wide (maybe less) for a 1" sling loop. A 1.25" sling loop would need to be ~1.5" wide. Just looking for something as slim and low profile as possible.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Offset Scout Mounts for KeyMod and M-Lok are finally back in stock!

KeyMod: https://arisakadefense.com/products/...t-mount-keymod

M-Lok: https://arisakadefense.com/products/...ut-mount-m-lok

We also have a limited run of 300 Series Lights coated in Magpul FDE Cerakote. These were hard coat anodized first, and include your choice of a matching Arisaka momentary or Surefire Z68 tailcap. These lights feature our streamlined light bodies which are compatible with any aftermarket Scout mount, head, or tailcap. The Malkoff E1T TIR head provides 300 lumens and 9,000 lux.

https://arisakadefense.com/products/300-series-light

Malkoff has provided us with two new head configurations for the 600 Series Lights:

• E2ST (Super Throw) - 20,000 lux at 1 meter and 650 initial/550 continuous out-the-front lumens. This head has a very focused beam for maximum distance.
    • E2S (Super) - 12,000 lux at 1 meter and 750 initial/700 continuous out-the-front lumens. This head has a wider beam profile, giving more spill.

These heads pull a lot of power, and the battery life reflects this: continuous run time is 15-20 minutes on 2x CR123 cells or 45-60 minutes on 1x 16650 cell. Real world use where the light is turned on and off in spurts will result in closer to 30-45 minutes run time with 2x CR123 cells.

https://arisakadefense.com/products/600-series-light

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will - or anyone really with good understanding of lights... why is it that the specs seem similar on the Malkoffs compared to the SureFire ultra head yet the runtime for the SF is quoted at 1.3-1.5 hours where the Malkoffs are so much shorter?

Also I've struggled with why people are selecting the Scout lights relative to Elzetta's as it seems to be the common thread amonst low-light classes that more lumens = better... so why pay more for the SFs that have less lumens? I realize they have more accessories and whatnot , but once my light is on the gun, stateside at least, all i need it to do is turn on for the most part... if i needed a dedicated IR light or something I would understand, but for the average Joe seems like you would choose the Elzetta and a simple ring setup and call it a day?

Please excuse the direct and potentially obtuse question... flashlight newbie here. Asking here since all my mounts are Arisakas - love the simplicity - currently have them with a P2X Fury, P3X Fury, Elzetta Bravos and Charlies - and arguably a much less biased answer then asking in a light forum.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellen25 View Post
    Will - or anyone really with good understanding of lights... why is it that the specs seem similar on the Malkoffs compared to the SureFire ultra head yet the runtime for the SF is quoted at 1.3-1.5 hours where the Malkoffs are so much shorter?

Also I've struggled with why people are selecting the Scout lights relative to Elzetta's as it seems to be the common thread amonst low-light classes that more lumens = better... so why pay more for the SFs that have less lumens? I realize they have more accessories and whatnot , but once my light is on the gun, stateside at least, all i need it to do is turn on for the most part... if i needed a dedicated IR light or something I would understand, but for the average Joe seems like you would choose the Elzetta and a simple ring setup and call it a day?

Please excuse the direct and potentially obtuse question... flashlight newbie here. Asking here since all my mounts are Arisakas - love the simplicity - currently have them with a P2X Fury, P3X Fury, Elzetta Bravos and Charlies - and arguably a much less biased answer then asking in a light forum.
    I will let someone with a better understanding of the light technology talk about the battery life.

In regards to your question about selecting the Scout lights relative to Elzetta's or other high quality lights. The advantage of the scout is the size (very small for what it is especially with the Malkoff head) and the mounting configuration. Because the light has the mount built into the body of the light you can get the lowest profile setup possible, especially with Arisaka's mounts. It will be as low profile and as close to the rail as possible.

With other lights you are either using a ring config or doing something like the WML that needs a pic mount for it to mount. At the end of the day it is just a tool in the tool box. You may want to go a different route based on barrel length, use case, are you using a suppressor, ect.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Regarding run time: Surefire doesn't list continuous run time. Instead, they list "tactical" run time, which is the equivalent of turning the light on and off in short bursts. The frequency and duration of each burst will determine how long the batteries last. They also don't specify what the lumen output is over the duration. Malkoff gives you the initial and continuous, which lasts through the listed run time.

Regarding lumens: The human eye requires roughly 4x the lumens to notice a doubling of the light output at a specific distance. Going from a 400 to 600 lumen light isn't enough for you to notice, assuming the same reflector or TIR lens and LED. It would require 1600 lumens to be twice as bright to your eyes. Additionally, lumens isn't everything. Lux is a better indication of how much light is going down range. The E2 Super Throw head with 20,000 lux handily beats the Surefire M600 Ultra at range, which Malkoff measured to be 14,000 lux.

There's nothing wrong with Elzetta. They make nice lights. For weapon mounting, however, it's hard to compete with the Scout series and Scout clones since they're smaller, have a lower profile, and the mounting arrangement gives you tons of great options regardless of handguard interface. The variety of heads and tailcaps is also excellent, and remote switches like the new Unity TAPs or Surefire D-IT let you tie a laser/illuminator and your Scout light into one switch.

As for mounts, ring style mounts tend to be larger/bulkier, can't be as closely mounted to the handguard, and except for a few specific lights, are designed for 1" diameter bodies. In many cases ring mounts also cost more, since you're paying for additional components. Compare that to a Scout light with the slimmer 0.75" body, smaller tailcap diameter, and generally smaller head diameter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you Will and Monk for the explanation.. it is helpful to a degree in understanding the choices. I think I will give a Scout setup a try for the next build - it's hard to beat first hand experience.

Will - with the new head selection - I'll probably use a 2-cell (600 series) - which head would you recommend and why? Or perhaps an easier answer would be - what situations are most attuned to the head - I struggle with the application of tighter beam vs spill - is tighter beam for any outside application or more literally zeroing in for night hunting, or does it have enough spill to be useful in a night rifle class (say inside 50y).

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Essentially any of the lights mentioned in the last few posts will work well inside 50 yards.

I just picked up an M600U from Will and was surprised that despite the throw it still has enough spill to light up a doorway at room clearing distances

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Thank you Will and Monk for the explanation.. it is helpful to a degree in understanding the choices. I think I will give a Scout setup a try for the next build - it's hard to beat first hand experience.

Will - with the new head selection - I'll probably use a 2-cell (600 series) - which head would you recommend and why? Or perhaps an easier answer would be - what situations are most attuned to the head - I struggle with the application of tighter beam vs spill - is tighter beam for any outside application or more literally zeroing in for night hunting, or does it have enough spill to be useful in a night rifle class (say inside 50y).
    After running the new E2 Supers outside, there's no doubt they put out a ton of light and exceed the capabilities of the Surefire M600U. Despite this, I personally prefer the M600U head as the best compromise in all-around performance for a 2 cell Scout. Like Euro has mentioned, it has enough spill for interior use, and a fairly tight hot spot with enough throw for outdoors. And the run time is longer on CR123 cells.

If you want maximum distance, the E2 Super Throw is the one. Combine it with a 16650 battery to increase the run time past the M600U. Malkoff sells Japanese 16650s that are safe to use. The normal E2 Super would be the medium to close range alternative, and at 12,000 lux it's only a hair behind the M600U in terms of throw.

A night class with a maximum range of 50 yards will be fine with any of the mentioned heads.

I'm hoping to get some comparison night time photos of all the heads (including the single cell E1T, Surefire M300C, and M300V) at some point. It's a bit difficult to get range time after dark for this, but it would show what standard IPSC targets look like at 50/100/200 yards, and give a better indication of the beam profiles.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I'm at it haha - would you say the same is true for the 300 series? Do you prefer the 300C SF Lens to the Malkoff E1T?

Any idea when you'll be getting more 600U's in stock? Think I'm going to try to pick one up but want to get it with the inline MLOK mount.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    While I'm at it haha - would you say the same is true for the 300 series? Do you prefer the 300C SF Lens to the Malkoff E1T?

Any idea when you'll be getting more 600U's in stock? Think I'm going to try to pick one up but want to get it with the inline MLOK mount.
    I prefer the Malkoff E1T over the M300C. The KM1 head from the M300V and our 300 Series IR light is also great.

M600Us should be back in stock this coming week.

Page 102 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast