Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Arisaka light mounts and accessories

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    These pictures illustrate exactly why we made the light bodies. It shows a diamondhead front sight with the new 300 series light body mounted in the center location on the inline scout mount. Fits with just a few thousandths of clearance. You literally cannot tuck the light in any closer to the front sight. This mounting placement is impossible with the stock scout body, even using the right-most offset on our inline scout mount.

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Thank you, and you're welcome. I *hate* it when I am forced to pay too much for shipping. There's that saying...do unto others...
    Reasonable shipping charges are appreciated. Given the fact that USPS, UPS and FedEx all have flat rate shipping options, the amount some places charge for small parts is just stupid. No in fact I'm not paying 19.99 s/h for a part that will fit in an envelope....

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Slippers, do the bodies come with the mounting screws that attach to the 300 body itself? I'll be using a spare gear sector mount I picked up and I just realized I don't have any extra screws or know what size they are for that matter.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Slippers, do the bodies come with the mounting screws that attach to the 300 body itself? I'll be using a spare gear sector mount I picked up and I just realized I don't have any extra screws or know what size they are for that matter.
    No, every aftermarket mount out there may use different screws. For instance, our inline mounts use low profile cap screws, while the gear sector mounts have flat heads. The thread for the 300 series bodies (and OEM scout bodies) is 8-32.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My mini scout does not fit using the kac mk18 front sight and the arisaka inline scout keymod mount on a KMR at 45 degrees.

Hopefully the arisaka m300 body helps. (Looks like it will by the small amount of clearance i need)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    No, every aftermarket mount out there may use different screws. For instance, our inline mounts use low profile cap screws, while the gear sector mounts have flat heads. The thread for the 300 series bodies (and OEM scout bodies) is 8-32.
    Ah, point noted. 8/32s are easy enough to track down. Much obliged.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    My mini scout does not fit using the kac mk18 front sight and the arisaka inline scout keymod mount on a KMR at 45 degrees.

Hopefully the arisaka m300 body helps. (Looks like it will by the small amount of clearance i need)
    I assume you're running the light on the right side? MM had the same problem with the OEM body, even using the offset position on the inline mount. The Picatinny lugs on the OEM body really do interfere with everything, especially when you have the light on the right side of the handguard.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Press Check; 12-30-14 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Lucky.

Last night I did some more comparing of the Malkoff head to my regular Solarforce LED light, and it's SO MUCH better. I shot the beams into a longer room, and the smaller Malkoff/Arisaka gives a significantly better illumination of what's at the end of the room and what's all around the sides of the room.... and the Malkoff is brighter.
    How much does your Malkoff / Arisaka weigh?

I've been waiting for the Malkoff heads to come back in stock.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    With batteries removed, my M300B (KE1A head, OEM body, Z68 tail) is 2.7 oz. My Malkoff E1/Scout head with Z68 and Arisaka 300 series is 2.3 oz.

Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast