Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Talk Me Out Of A MK18 Upper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abanks8245 View Post
    I went the above route, sent a 6920 upper with maybe 250-300 rds through it to SAW/Specialized armament, to have cut to 10.3 and gas port modified and some other things. I'm very impressed. Running with SDN6 and without, locks back on empty and very soft shooting as well. H buffer currently, have not felt need to go straight to H2 with it reliable right now. I also have a 11.5 bcm sbr as well. The MK18 is because I always wanted one and liked the simple look of it and had the opportunity to shoot an issued one(Not mines/ a SF Sergent's) when I was on active duty, I was hooked then.
    That's an interesting option.....

I just did an 11.5 and my buddy with a pair of 6920's was looking into buying a sbr upper.

Notice any difference when comparing the two?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well, I like the 11.5" and the 10.5 (.3)" barrels a lot. I doubted their fortitude in the past, but I killed a plenty of pigs with my DD MK18 (which is for sale). good shots always= immobilized or DRT.

So for me, the question is: What is the shortest 5.56 barrel I can have and still feel confident with? the answer: 10.3/5 for me.
    That being said- the 11.5" upper's only pitfall is that you can't call it a mk18

Here are a few pigs I shot this morning.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You just need to find the best buffer and it will run like a champ. If you don't mind playing with it a bit your good to go. Chances are a 2, or 3 buffer will make all issues disappear. Or run a A5 I gut be the ticket.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    1 inch is not going to make or break you amd BCM makes good stuff

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    That's an interesting option.....

I just did an 11.5 and my buddy with a pair of 6920's was looking into buying a sbr upper.

Notice any difference when comparing the two?
    Not enough rounds through BCM yet , but through the 100 or so but ,so far very light, pretty soft shooting as expected (BCM 11.5) Neither seem violent at all and extraction/ejection is positive with both , the shock i guess is expecting the MK18/colt upper to be more abrasive and it was quite the opposite with Standard H buffer right now.
    Last edited by abanks8245; 12-15-14 at 18:21. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What was the port size bumped up to?

Quote Originally Posted by abanks8245 View Post
    250 I think, not cheap, but best in the business in regards to Colt AR15 Work. Cut to 10.3,Gas Port Modification, Shave bayonet lug and Sling Swivel , Install Flash hider and whatever they do as well(SAW Modifications).
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    What was the port size bumped up to?
    .071 is my educated guess

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345