Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for suppressors--wanting to get rid of them

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Waiting for suppressors--wanting to get rid of them

Hey guys,

I ordred a .45 Ti-rant and a Surefire 762 Socom a few months ago from Bullseye in Lawrenceville, GA. I am in sort of a "minimalism/simplification" mood and really don't want those cans anymore. What can I do to dump them? Obviously, Bullseye shouldn't give me my money back (deals long done). Can I just sell them at a massive loss and let somebody else take over the paperwork?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Give them a call and see what they can do. Likely they'll charge you a restocking fee of 10-20%. Your NFA paperwork can be cancelled.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

I ordred a .45 Ti-rant and a Surefire 762 Socom a few months ago from Bullseye in Lawrenceville, GA. I am in sort of a "minimalism/simplification" mood and really don't want those cans anymore. What can I do to dump them? Obviously, Bullseye shouldn't give me my money back (deals long done). Can I just sell them at a massive loss and let somebody else take over the paperwork?
    I had a .22 can I didn't want once and left it with my dealer and sold it on the forums and it was transferred to the buyers dealer. But as suggested call them and see what they can do.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've cancelled a suppressor before - 3 months after I paid for it. The dealer simply cancelled the paperwork with the NFA and charged me a re-stocking fee.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    How much of a loss you willing to take?

I've got a dealer in North Florida for the Tirant if you go that route.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    talk to your dealer who is handling the form 4's. Have them cancel the form 4's, you will get your money from ATF back in 30-60 days(from what I understand). Sell the cans, hell, they may be able to sell the cans and make you whole.

But have the dealer cancel the form 4's ASAP, especially if they are possibly getting close to being approved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    But have the dealer cancel the form 4's ASAP, especially if they are possibly getting close to being approved.
    You can cancel one after approval as long as the transfer hasn't happened. No big deal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If it's not a money issue why not just keep them and toss them in the safe for when your mood changes back?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DAIVI PAI2K5 View Post
    If it's not a money issue why not just keep them and toss them in the safe for when your mood changes back?
    My thoughts exactly! If 41P passes in May you'll be ****ed so I'd just go through with them!
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    You might sell them at a loss but it doesn't have to be massive. Personally, I'd keep them - especially with 41p looming.

What you do depends on the hassle you want to go through. You can cancel the F4 and get your $200 back. I'd imagine that your dealer wouldn't have a problem with it if you talked to him and found him a buyer. You might lose a little money for his inconvenience but if you have a good guy, he'll help you out/ charge you a minor amount. If you cancel the F4, it'd revert back to a F3 and could be transferred anywhere. If you accept it under a F4, you'd be on the hook for the $200/400 fee to get it interstate, thus realistically making it an intrastate transfer unless you're prepared to take a massive hit.

The unfortunate thing with NFA is the timeline involved. That will be your real hindrance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast