Thread: Suppressor approved...gun shop went out of buisness. What to do now?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I do not know anything about NFA laws as they pertain to FFLs and I won't pretend to. What I'm speaking of is strictly business transactions.

If the suppressor was liquidated during the bankruptcy, what can anyone do at this point?

If he still has the can, that's a different story. But you were unearned revenue - a liability. Just like all of his debt. The bankruptcy absolved him of that. His business was probably formed under a now defunct LLC that provides personal protection from the owner anyway.

Your options are limited, OP. If you paid with a CC initiate a charge back. Your friend can't sue him because it wasn't him that was the entity that did the sale. You can't get a suppressor that he doesn't have. Think of it like this:

A business owns a machine that is financed by a signature loan. The business goes under and they sell the machine to bobs machine store. The business files bankruptcy. The bank can't get the machine or their money back, legally.

All of this assumes he does not have the can anymore. If he does, then the ATF will be the one to contact, but I doubt they can do anything. It's still his can. He doesn't have to transfer it.

The 90 days sinister refers to is the amount of time that it can be transferred before having to reapply. Not some deadline dealers must adhere to for legal reasons.

And who would this be liquidated to? A bank?

A bank can't have legal possession of it.

The silencer is legally the transferee's on the Form 4.

The silencer has been paid for and the transfer is approved. Everything else about bankruptcy law is irrelevant.
    Last edited by scottryan; 12-09-14 at 20:02.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm