Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Suppressor approved...gun shop went out of buisness. What to do now?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    +1.

I would still be out my entire (1,800) if it wasn't for my credit card company (13 months after purchase refunding my money!) + Garin from Surefire providing me the damning evidence I needed.
    What about the tax stamp cost? And the time wasted
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know I've been taken to the woodshed so many times in my life that I've lost count.

I've accepted the fact that if I didn't bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck.
    Last edited by cbx; 12-14-14 at 00:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    +1.

I would still be out my entire (1,800) if it wasn't for my credit card company (13 months after purchase refunding my money!) + Garin from Surefire providing me the damning evidence I needed.
    You did well. You got most of your money back. I'd call that a win, as much as it can be a least.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    What about the tax stamp cost? And the time wasted
    The ATF refunded my tax stamp. That's how I found out about the problem (random treasury check showing up at my door).

Losing the time, energy, and added frustration did suck.

Moral to my story: only buy cans that are in stock at reputable dealers, or through legit online companies (silencer shop, quiet riot etc. )
    Last edited by domestique; 12-14-14 at 01:16.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've always worried about fly-by-night FFL's for NFA items that sit there for so long. As long as the ATF had been taking to turn around forms I'm surprised he hadn't started seeing this more often to be honest with you. I know in the end you're out LOTS of time but at least you were put right financially speaking so the situation could have been a lot worse. You might also mention your credit card company by name too and give them some props because they went above & beyond the call of duty right there. Worthy of giving credit where credit is due.

Now use this as an excuse to take advantage of that $200 Damn the Man rebate from AAC and couple it with the sale prices over at SilencerShop. I got a few already and my buddy just ordered up five (lol) because it's one of the sweeter suppressor deals I've seen in a while.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Jer,

As requested. First Bank Card (NRA card).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Well it seems like everything will be good to go on the 30th. Dealer/owner called friend and they set up a meeting time and date for the transfer. We will see when the date gets here.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That is outstanding news, and just about the only way to get your buddy his can.

Why did the dealer flake out to begin with?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Really don't know. I am going with him as I have a few questions. Like, why is he charging my friend an extra $50 for the transfer when the owner had the suppressor in his shop when friend purchased it. I won't drill him to hard until after friend has the can in hand though lol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm going to guess that he held everything on the advice of his lawyer. Just a guess though.
    Last edited by cbx; 12-25-14 at 23:39.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345