Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger Job on Carry Gun?

Feedback Score

Trigger Job on Carry Gun?

Anybody here do trigger work on their daily carry gun? Is this a good idea? I did the $0.25 trigger job on my G17 and love it and am debating doing the same to my G19 which is what I currently use for EDC. Also has anyone ever used the Ghost Inc. connectors in their Glocks?

Feedback Score
    I try to keep my carry guns around 4 lbs. Just personal preference.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the DECAK in my M&P. The weight is still around 5.5 according to Grant. I wouldn't take it under what the minimum factory trigger would be just for worst case court case reasons.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like 5.5# triggers on striker fired pistols and 4.5# triggers on 1911 pistols. After a few thousand rounds, my Glock triggers smooth out and I don't touch them. I would rather have a smoother 5.5# trigger than a lighter trigger.

A good gunsmith can clean up a trigger. As long as you don't make any modification that has an effect on the safety of the firearm, you should be good to go. If you lighten the trigger weight from factory, would a reasonable person believe it changes the safety level of the firearm? That is the acid test if something goes wrong.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PKendall317 View Post
    Anybody here do trigger work on their daily carry gun? Is this a good idea? I did the $0.25 trigger job on my G17 and love it and am debating doing the same to my G19 which is what I currently use for EDC. Also has anyone ever used the Ghost Inc. connectors in their Glocks?
    Honestly, even if you're concerned about a lawyer coming after you for a modified trigger, I would say the $.25 trigger job is still OEM. You're not changing anything, just 'cleaning' it a little.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    As long as you are claiming self defense (you are admitting to shooting the person on purpose), then I don't see how a trigger job can effectively be used against you. There are plenty of other reasons not to have a "hair trigger" in a carry gun though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only real minimum requirements I have for a carry trigger are that it be as reliable as OEM, that it retains any and all safety mechanisms, that it meets my weight requirements. Any "trigger job" that satisfies those conditions is usually fair game for me.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    As long as you are claiming self defense (you are admitting to shooting the person on purpose), then I don't see how a trigger job can effectively be used against you. There are plenty of other reasons not to have a "hair trigger" in a carry gun though.
    I agree. If nothing goes wrong, it should be a non-issue. Your perception that nothing has gone wrong may not coincide with the opinion of a charging attorney, that would depend on where the incident occurred.

If I were being investigated for a shooting incident, I would not speak about a light trigger job unless asked and then only in the presence of my attorney.

There are a lot of people carrying 4.5#-5.5# triggers and a few of them are documented performing well under stress.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I don't have a gauge to measure the trigger pull on my G17 but it doesn't feel lighter per se, just smoother, but I"m fairly certain it's close to the factory 5.5#. I wouldn't go below 4.5-5# on a carry gun.

You know on every gun forum at least one person insists that if you make any trigger modifications you're asking for a lawsuit or for a jury to find you guilty. Yet nobody who makes these claims has ever been able to cite an example someone being prosecuted based on a trigger modification either in full or partially. If anyone can find a such a case I'd be interested to see it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I popped in a minus connector for the g19, and a few cgw springs for the cz, and they were smoother and I shot them better.

Works for me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast