Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trigger Job on Carry Gun?

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Hell yes.

I have a complete Cylinder and Slide FCG tuned to a very nice 4 1/2lbs in my Lightweight Gov't. All Series 80 stuff unmodified, intact, and functional.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    If your 19 is a Gen3 try a dot connector from a gen 4. They are lighter without the sponginess of the minus.
    I'll give it a shot, Thanks!
    " I can't walk with gum in my mouth...It makes it to where I can't breathe"-The Wife Unit

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My EDC G19 has the same trigger setup as my competition G17; I'm used to it and that way the subconscious will execute the same way.

Ghost EvoElite connector with shortened pre travel factory smooth trigger and bar with Zev springs; everything completely polished and smooth.
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 12-13-14 at 18:25.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    I thought the 'hair trigger' thing in shoots was more about cops. If a CCWer pulls his gun, he is most likely going to use it. Cops pull their guns more when they aren't going to shoot, and before trigger outside of the trigger guard was common, the lawyers for the shootee could say that the shooter cop didn't mean to shoot, and is making up a story about their client to justify the shooting.

I can't cite a source for this, just my recollection of what some said to me.

Trigger job? I'm thinking that they'll go after my RMR and X300 before the get to the trigger issues. That and spare magazine I might have on me.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 12-15-14 at 02:39.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PKendall317 View Post
    That's what I've always thought on the subject. This whole myth about having a trigger job or this or that kind of ammo getting you prosecuted for a self defense shooting needs to die unless someone can cite an example of it actually happening.
    This will never die, it fuels paranoia and sells gun magazines.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post

100% agree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Damn straight. I have been involved in these debates for years. I always ask someone to post an example of a civilian shooter's modified firearm being a point of contention in a courtroom. I have yet to get a reply back.
    Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus (519 BC – 430 BC) Power should only be given to those that want it least.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't mess with factory guns, as a general rule, regardless of whether I carry. It is a reliability thing for me, not out of concern for lawsuits.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You kids these days, with your polymer pistols.......

Before Gaston came out with his Vundernine, EVERYBODY got a trigger job on their carry pistol. It was a well-known fact that you were risking death, dismemberment, and male pattern baldness if you carried a stock trigger. That was the main topic of conversation: "Who did the carry package on your 1911, Billy Ray?"

My, how the world changes.....

Feedback Score
    I have investigated LEO shootings and non LEO shootings that were found to both justified and non justified. In all cases the guns are kept as evidence until the case is adjudicated. A firearms trigger pull weight has never been discussed or been a factor in any of these criminal cases. The firearm is inspected by the PDs armorer if it's a LEO gun. If the gun belongs to the department it can't have any alterations that are not approved. This does not hurt the criminal case but could have some implications in a civil case. It's then sent to the local crime lab where it is test fired. As said by others, it's the justification for the use of deadly force, including the justification for EVERY round fired that counts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast