Thread: My pinned and welded brake

Feedback Score

Question My pinned and welded brake

I had a Holland compensator pinned and welded to one of my uppers. (New Yorker post ban hostage)

There are a lot of great brakes out there, but I needed to get a steel one in order for it to be welded. After looking around on line for a while, I found the Holland.

I took it to the range yesterday and I'm not so sure it's doing its job as a compensator.....and it's as loud as Hell. Shortly after I got back home, I started to think about getting rid of it. Not sure yet, but I think the Izzy on my Bushmaster does a better job.

Here are my two Qs....

I saw a thread elsewhere that described how to remove a pinned and welded brake. Seeing it done is one thing, but in reality, is it going to ruin my barrel?

Can anyone recommend a good steal compensator? Not a hider/suppressor, but a compensator. (Hostage status) Should I just get another Izzy?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm suprised that you don't like the Holland. I have one on a .308 bolt gun and it's awesome. Do you happen to have the proper size on yours? I don't know if they do make a larger caliber in a 1/2x28 thread. I've heard some people like the PWS brake, expensive though. MSTN makes what's called a "quiet brake" If you ask me, it looks like a Holland.

Good luck

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    "Can anyone recommend a good steal compensator? Not a hider/suppressor, but a compensator."

I have not shot the Holland Suppressor, but I second the use of the Primary Weapons System FA FSC 556. I shot one the other day on a buddy's rifle (he received it to balance some issues with his Gemtech Halo) and it fixed his problem, and is a quality device. I have shot some other comps and the blast is just unruly...esp when sitting or standing right next to the shooter, but it was not so with the PWS. I remember thinking, I wish they had this during the AWB!

The sound direction is good because of all the ports, and check out their night shooting photos. However, I have not personally shot this one at night.

I know some of the other guys on this forum use them, it is definitely worth checking out, they are a little pricey, (but they also look good)...but not sure exactly what they are made of for your pinning purposes.

http://www.primaryweapons.com/store/...duct=9#details

Good Luck!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mind you even though this is a brake/hider combo it has been deemed a muzzle brake only by the ATF and therefor is legal in ban states.

Feedback Score
    Maybe shoot a PM over to these guys:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=15890

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is the muzzle device being discussed here (albeit with the G5 mounting lugs).

Feedback Score

Brake

Primary Weapons System FA FSC 556...

Yeah, that was my first choice...till I found out it was aluminum. The fine folks out at SAW said I needed to get a steel one before they could work with my project..

That's what sent me down the path toward the Holland.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Avoid the Rock River LE Comp. Its an absolute ear ringer