BADASS selector

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice build. Who makes the rail covers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCFO View Post
    Nice build. Who makes the rail covers?
    They look like midwest industries key mod covers.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice... those SanTan lowers look nice but I could never bring myself to buy one because of the roll mark... I know it's so superficial, but.. it's like a horned lizard or something.. If they made a sterile version I'd be all over it. Anyway, how are the magwells on those? Tight, loose?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Nice... those SanTan lowers look nice but I could never bring myself to buy one because of the roll mark... I know it's so superficial, but.. it's like a horned lizard or something.. If they made a sterile version I'd be all over it. Anyway, how are the magwells on those? Tight, loose?

You can get them without the roll mark. Mag well is on the loose side. No problems with PMags or USGI mags.

Mike

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    You can get them without the roll mark. Mag well is on the loose side. No problems with PMags or USGI mags.

Mike
    Sweet! Link? I suppose loose is better than too tight. What upper receivers are people using with these? Not a fan of the SanTan upper. Thanks.
    Last edited by Shao; 12-12-14 at 07:52.

Feedback Score
    Yes, Midwest keymod panels. SanTan does make the lower without logo. Wish I would have known that before I bought this one but oh well..

The magwell is flared so mag inserts are smooth but I wouldn't call the fitment loose. As far as everything else the tolerances are tight. I had to heat the upper and freeze the barrel to install barrell.
    Last edited by Cwayaustx; 12-12-14 at 10:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwayaustx View Post
    Yes, Midwest keymod panels. SanTan does make the lower without logo. Wish I would have known that before I bought this one but oh well..

The magwell is flared so mag inserts are smooth but I wouldn't call the fitment loose. As far as everything else the tolerances are tight. I had to heat the upper and freeze the barrel to install barrell.
    Sounds like a winner. I have two unused billet lowers but if I'm going to build a bling rifle for the funk of it I may as well get what I think looks cool. As long as it's quality and doesn't have that horned lizard on it, I'm in... Anyone with a pic of one of these lowers on a Seekins billet upper?

Edited to add: nice choice on the SD-3G.. I can't build a lower for myself without one now.
    Last edited by Shao; 12-12-14 at 12:27.

Feedback Score
    Yea that's all I was going for is a top of the line all out bada$$ shooter that functions as good as I think it looks. I know it's not for everyone but it works for me. It won't be a safe queen, I like shooting too much. I'll beat the hell out of it.

I love the sd3g, have it in every lower I've built.

Feedback Score
    Looks nice.