Thread: First attempt at a complete build :)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

First attempt at a complete build :)

I have only been into AR's for about the last year or so. My first was a Colt 6920 Socom ii that my stepfather (DPS GIITEM Sargent) "convinced" me into buying. We went out shooting the next day and I was hooked. He asked why I the hell was never interested in this growing up and I had no idea why I wasn't.

A couple of months ago I built my first lower, a PSA stripped lower with a Colt LPK and BCM buffer. It went well but I was scared to build my own upper so I ordered a DD 16in upper and slapped it together with a BCM BCG, BCM charging handle, and Magpul Furnature.

This has only since increased my want to assemble one from scratch. So when my local gun shop decided to put out good deal on a Wilson Combat upper and lower stripped receiver set I decided to go for it after getting permission from the wife of course.

Lower Receiver:
    Forged Wilson Combat Cal Multi (I really liked their rollmark and it was a great price with the upper)
    Alg Defense ACT trigger (Smooth and crisp so far)
    Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS ambidextrous safety selector with reg/short levers (whats not to like)
    Battle Arms Development Enhanced Takedown Pins (Didn't know if I would really notice a difference of standard pins but so far love these)
    BCM 6 position Stock Kit with H1 buffer (BCM is always quality)
    MagPul MIAD grip
    B5 Systems Bravo Stock (Not sure about this stock so far, wish it had a friction lock, will probably switch out for a CTR or STR.)
    Colt Small parts

Upper:
    Forged (matching) Wilson Combat Upper (Love that there is no markings other than the forge mark)
    Colt 16in gov. profile barrel (1-7 twist Chrome lined) (Got this off EE from BUOPtimus Prime a great gut to do business with)
    Rainier Ams low profile gas block dimpled to barrel (Also of EE)
    Midwest Industries 15in SSM-M-Lok Handgaurd ( Decided to take a shot at the M-lock system and I like the looks of the MI rail, almost went with the Geissele but I was being cheap, still may go with a Geissele if the M-lock system takes off)
    Colt BCG (went with a Colt barrel so why not a Colt BCG)
    Rainer Arms Raptor Charging handle (love this thing)
    Colt A2 flash hider (what to say?)
    BCM forward assist and dust cover

Optics:
    Magpul MBUS front and rear BUIS (no issues with these on my other rifle so why change now)
    Aimpoint Comp m4 ( Picked this up in a trade for bow I never shoot)

Well anyways here are some pictures. I haven't had a chance to go out and zero her yet but hopefully next week Ill have some more time off. I am also not sure on what light I want to run yet, thinking about maybe a mini scout, I would like to keep it fairly light up front.

Wilson, Colt, PSA/DD
    Last edited by Dmashowtime; 12-12-14 at 23:08.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    - Pericles

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice trio!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis1142 View Post
    Nice trio!
    Thank you! I am in the process of waiting for a couple of things to come in and Ill update the tread a little bit
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    - Pericles

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

Feedback Score
    I like it man, simple and solid. Always good to see a comp M4 aimpoint in the wild...
    "We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose" - Sir Carton de Wiert, VC

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Got a few of my parts in still waiting on the paperwork on the Surefire suppressor to clear. I switched the B5 Bravo onto my new Colt 6920 and replaced it with an STR. Also added an ASAP plate. I picked up the scout from the EE as well as a SR07 and attached it with Magpul's M-Lok offset scout mount. I then picked up some of the new M-Lok rail covers. have only had a couple of opportunities to take her out so far but have been happy with the results. I didn't take any pictures but I had about 2" average groups at 100m from kneeling positions. So far 315 rounds of M193 and 60 rounds of Speer LE 64 Grain Gold Dot without a hiccup. Well here are some more pictures.

- Pericles

- Thucydides

Feedback Score
    So what issues did you have with the B5 Bravo and what did the STR do to fix your issues?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sounds like he didn't have issues, he swapped it to the Colt.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    I must have misunderstood then. I thought he was saying he didn't like the B5 Bravo so he switched it with the STR.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    No issues. I like the B5, I just like the feel of the STR better on this rifle.
    - Pericles

- Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmashowtime View Post
    No issues. I like the B5, I just like the feel of the STR better on this rifle.
    gotcha. also, enjoy AZ for me. Haven't been home in a while and miss it. Especially after this last snow storm.