Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 Issue

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My P30 does it every time I load the magazine with just a decent amount of pressure. I consider it a plus imho. It has never once, done it and not properly load a round from the magazine into the chamber. It also has never not done it when I have wanted it to. So the argument about it being poor technique doesn't apply as far as I am concerned. I can't speak for other makes or models about this.

If you have 10 round magazines, it will be either hard or impossible to make happen. It's just physics. More upward pressure from the magazine with more rounds in it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbed77 View Post
    Not really. I just grabbed the polymer pistols I closest have at hand (Glock 17, 19, Walther P99AS, and Kahr PM9), and they will all do it with a good enough smack. The P99 seems most apt to do it.

It's not a "feature" or an "issue." It's just physics at work.
    Sure with bone crushing force any gun will auto foreword. I had an M&P that was constantly doing it. I cannot get most of my glocks to do it even when I try. Maybe its the vickers s/l. I dont know. My p30 didn't do it.

The only reason I dont consider it a plus is because it screws up the order. If you sling shot you be prone to dumping rnds on the deck.
    If you plan on auto forewording and it doesn't go then you have to compensate. I like smooth repeatable steps..
    Last edited by Guns-up.50; 12-13-14 at 12:52.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

cpoth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    My P30 does it every time I load the magazine with just a decent amount of pressure. I consider it a plus imho. It has never once, done it and not properly load a round from the magazine into the chamber. It also has never not done it when I have wanted it to. So the argument about it being poor technique doesn't apply as far as I am concerned. I can't speak for other makes or models about this.

If you have 10 round magazines, it will be either hard or impossible to make happen. It's just physics. More upward pressure from the magazine with more rounds in it.
    By all means, do your thing. But this is not how the pistol is designed to work and it is not how people are trained to operate a handgun. I'm glad it has always been a "plus" for you, just hope that when its a "minus" you are out enjoying the day on the range with no pressure and the sun-a-shining.

Feedback Score
    My cz autoforewarded more tban my mp. Learn to make it not happen with ur gun. Ive never used a gun i could not get to af, but its never been an issue either. Now that i know how to properly reload, it never happens unless i try.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    When a firearm is engineered and constructed so that it "sometimes" or even "most of the time" does something unexpected, that's a defect. A firearm shouldn't offer you any surprises when it goes off. It should do exactly the same thing every single time you pull the trigger.
    Exactly! Anyone who relies on the auto-forwarding, and thinks it's a good thing, needs to re-think the issue. It is definitely NOT a good thing IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    Sure with bone crushing force any gun will auto foreword. I had an M&P that was constantly doing it. I cannot get most of my glocks to do it even when I try. Maybe its the vickers s/l. I dont know. My p30 didn't do it.
    None of those guns I quickly (and unscientifically) tested required "bonecrushing force". Just a sharp smack. I've seen HKs do it also.

It's irrelevant to me though, since that's not how I've been trained to reload a mag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoth View Post
    By all means, do your thing. But this is not how the pistol is designed to work and it is not how people are trained to operate a handgun. I'm glad it has always been a "plus" for you, just hope that when its a "minus" you are out enjoying the day on the range with no pressure and the sun-a-shining.
    I totally see your stance on the matter, but like I mentioned, I haven't experienced a "minus" in over a thousand rounds. If I did, I wouldn't be so confident in the procedure either.

At this kind of failure rate, it would be no different than a rare jam, which a shooter should efficiently as possible take care of with proper training anyway.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 12-13-14 at 22:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My opinion is that auto forwarding is an unintended consequence of design. To prevent it one idea is to cut deeper the slide's notch that engages with the slide release. Also, heavier mag springs might provide additional upward force to prevent the occurrence.

Back when some folks pimped out their pistols with super big extended slide releases, they were unhappy to learn that the new parts' extra mass gave the releases enough inertia to jump up under recoil forces and lock back the slide on a loaded magazine.

If you insert a loaded mag into an AR and then hit the butt on the ground, then you will observe auto forwarding. I don't strike the ground with my AR butt, and neither do I slam mags into my pistols.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    My M&P Pro auto forwards 99.9% of the time but I can't get any other polymer I have to do it. Maybe I don't smack it like owes me money enough.
    My M&P does the same, but my CZ P07 and P09 do not (no matter how much I try to force it to happen).

The only reason I dont consider it a plus is because it screws up the order. If you sling shot you be prone to dumping rnds on the deck.
    If you plan on auto forewording and it doesn't go then you have to compensate. I like smooth repeatable steps..
    Yeah, seems like it would be ideal if they all either did it, or all didn't do it...the lack of consistency is bad.
    Last edited by m03; 12-14-14 at 01:53.

Feedback Score

HK VP9 Issue

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Sorry to rain on your "issue parade" but most, if not all, polymer framed pistols auto forward.
    ^de ja vu from other places....

OP, to be somewhat consistent with my rifle manipulations, I've adopted using my support hand thumb to hit the slide release on my pistols.

I only shoot HKs now, and all of mine will auto-forward. Other brands, as has been said, will also.

Auto-forward is definitely a surprise at first (trust me, years ago I did my fair share of just staring at my pistol when it happened), but I've kept my manipulations the same...ie I never count on auto-forward, and run my support hand along the same "route" that I would if it didn't happen.

YMMV. Enjoy the VP. I love mine.
    Last edited by BoppaBear; 12-14-14 at 11:50.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast