Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA drop in carbine rail, opinions?

Feedback Score

PSA drop in carbine rail, opinions?

I saw that this was on sale on PSA's website. Is it any good?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...bine-rail.html

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Most likely junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    If you can't pick your shit up at 3pm or 0300 and it's configured to get it done 0-400m in seconds, sideways, upside down, or unstable... your a daylight range clown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Agree junk, spend $100 on the equipment exchange and get a used KAC RAS that is a known performer.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RUN!
    Shop around and you can probably get a RAS for under a hundred. Hell, saw a DD Omega today used for $150 and that is a freefloat rail.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Agree junk, spend $100 on the equipment exchange and get a used KAC RAS that is a known performer.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=162358

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would veer away from that rail. Like others say, I would surf the EE for a used KAC RAS.

Feedback Score
    I have a Daniel Defense Omega X carbine rail I'm looking to get rid of. Came on my bcm upper but I switched it out. Perfect condition. Pm me if you're interested.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Don't mess with that PSA rail. KAC RAS is obviously the standard for drop in quad rails, but another option is the Midwest industries gen 2 drop in quad rail. Its a quality rail for a reasonable price point (125.00 new). It locks up extremely tight (seats up into the milspec barrel nut) and is lighter than the KAC rail (MI carbine length rail is virtually the same weight as plastic handguards). It doesn't have the heat shields like the KAC rail, but that's never been a problem for me. use rail covers etc. Cosmetically, the MI rail looks quite similar to the KAC rail, which I like. If im looking for a drop in carbine length quad rail, I wouldn't consider anything else. Just my personal opinion, obviously.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you're on a budget, the KAC/P&S is your best bet. If u you got a little more to spend, the Daniel Defense Omega is nicer and thinner. I'll have a used one for sale soon too.

Feedback Score
    Sometimes you guys make me chuckle, the "junk" description may be correct but I'll bet none of the respondents have seen one prior to their judgement, I know I have not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast