Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 30sf or Springfield xdm sub compact .45

Feedback Score

Glock 30sf or Springfield xdm sub compact .45

Trying to decide between the Springfield XDM subcompact .45 or the glock 30SF. Any opinions?
    Last edited by Jnedrow; 01-06-13 at 08:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnedrow View Post
    Trying to decide between the Springfield XDM subcompact .45 or the glock 30SF. Any opinions?
    There is a reason why this section is labeled "Handguns - 1911".

Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm still new to this. Sorry I posted it in the wrong section. However I have a kimber grand raptor 1911. What do you carry?

Feedback Score
    General consensus is that the XD lines are not as durable/reliable as glocks. Get the Glock 30 or an M&P45c and don't look back.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post
    General consensus is that the XD lines are not as durable/reliable as glocks. Get the Glock 30 or an M&P45c and don't look back.
    Please elaborate...

This Springfield video is a pretty convincing testament to its durability:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36x4qh7tsc
    Last edited by Shao; 01-06-13 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post
    oh pleeeze....i have three of the XD guns, one is my CCW piece....all three function flawlessly, and the best thing about the XD's over Glock???

they don't launch brass into your face like the glock does (which is what i got rid of to buy my XD pistols)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My glock 30 sf runs like a champ with everything from my light reloads to shooting suppressed. Recoil feels nearly identical to my 19. It shoots like a laser.

temecula Guest
    My glock 30 sf is good for home defend or carry. 10 rounds is a pros even it is a bit heavier and thicker than other gun . You will get used to it after a while.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can't speak for the 9mm or .40 crowd, but over a weekend of in-the-boonies shooting with friends, I shot a friend's Glock 21 back to back with my XD-45 through numerous trials and it thoroughly convinced me that I will never own a Glock. The trigger, ergonomics, accuracy, recoil and balance were all terrible compared to the XD. Everyone who shot the XD and Glock that weekend conceded that the XD was a smoother shooting, more accurate weapon. We put almost 1000 rounds through it collectively and it had zero malfunctions while we experienced two stovepipes with the Glock running the same ammo and even less rounds. Both weapons were new, cleaned properly before shot, and unmodified. We shot everything from WWB to Triton Quik Shok to Hydra Shoks to TAP to Pow'R'Ball. If I remember correctly, one stovepipe was with a Quik Shok and the other WWB. Glock is popular, that's for sure - but I personally would choose any iteration of an XD over any version of a Glock. Sorry Glock fan-boys.

Feedback Score
    I currently own a glock 19 9mm, had it for 8 years now. Love it... I have recently borrowed a friends Springfield xdm 9mm. I love everthing about it. Last time I followed up on it they were having issues with the Gen4 Glocks. Have these issues been addressed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast