Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lionheart lh9c or M&P 9c

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Glock 19....but if you HAVE to go for a hammer, then I vote for the SIG 2022.
    If we want to regain the respect of the world, we should begin by announcing that children have no business expressing opinions on anything except "Do you have enough room in the toes?" -Florence King

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Just personal preference, but I think the M&P9c size wise fits between a G26 and a G19 except it's wider. I also think 1/2 of barrel can make a difference depending on the length of the barel. Service ammo seems optimized to do best out of barells between 4-5in. 4in vs 4.5in is no big deal, but under 4in, a lot of loads start to have trouble. If you look at shootingthebull410's videos, you will see that a lot of premium 9mm loads fail to expand out of a 3in barrel. I'll take a 4in over a 3.5 any day.

As to carrying a G19 I think it's holster and body type dependant. I carry a G19 under just a t shirt all the time in a crossbreed supertuck, but I'm 6'0" 220lbs with a wrestlers build so I can hide a lot of things easily.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on barrel length, virtually all of the modern defensive/duty ammo available do well out of short barrels, even out of a Shield with a 3.1" barrel. We're also almost exactly the same size, I cannot EDC a 19 down here, sure I've carried even my FS M&P on occasion but in this hot climate in professional attire it's difficult (Shield is my EDC as I can pocket carry when needed). The M&Pc is bigger than the 26 but much closer in size to the 26 than the 19 and you get 2 extra rounds. Admittedly the compact M&Ps are my least favorite of the M&P line, I like it much better than the baby Glock and find outside of professional attire, I can carry the compact easily.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'd never heard of a Lion Heart before, which means it's not a well-known, established pistol. Therefore, I would avoid it.

OP, Glock pistols do not "carry chunky". They're very slim for their respective sizes, and carry very well. A G19 is the best all-around pistol on the market today, bar none. But whatever you buy, stick with it and get proficient with it.
    Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus (519 BC – 430 BC) Power should only be given to those that want it least.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
    Yeah, I'd never heard of a Lion Heart before, which means it's not a well-known, established pistol. Therefore, I would avoid it.

OP, Glock pistols do not "carry chunky". They're very slim for their respective sizes, and carry very well. A G19 is the best all-around pistol on the market today, bar none. But whatever you buy, stick with it and get proficient with it.
    For what it's worth, the LH9 is just an updated Daewoo K5, which is the South Korean military's issue sidearm and has been since the 80's. It's not a total unknown, but it doesn't do "it" for me. I'll stick to my glocks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    For what it's worth, the LH9 is just an updated Daewoo K5, which is the South Korean military's issue sidearm and has been since the 80's. It's not a total unknown, but it doesn't do "it" for me. I'll stick to my glocks.
    I admit my weakness in awareness of what the South Korean military carries.

Still, we all know that North Korea is Best Korea!!! LOOOOL!!!
    Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus (519 BC – 430 BC) Power should only be given to those that want it least.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    True... Just buy a tokarev, like they use. State security everywhere has been poppin people in the noggin with those since the 1930's and there still going strong...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A few others have brought up the fact that they had to look up the LH company...Ive heard of it...but I would never jump up and have that be my first pistol. Sounds like you've done more research than most, but my vote is still with Glocks. If I could only have 1 pistol, it would be a Glock 19. I carry a 19 in appendix rigs every day and never have a comfort or "chunky" (or whatever you said the Glock issue was) problem with carrying. I bump up to a G17 when it's time to suit up at work, but all my plain clothes stuff has been 99% G19.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd never heard of the Lionhearts before 3 months ago when a couple of popular YouTubers did reviews on them. Both seemed to give it good marks, but I'd go with what I know and is proven...the M&P (if those are your only two choices, I mean - neither would be my first choice for a first pistol).
    Last edited by CatSnipah; 12-20-14 at 10:59.

Feedback Score
    The LH9C is an updated version of the Daewoo K5. It's been in service since the 90's as South Korea's primary sidearm issued to its military. The gun itself is based on the older Smith and Wesson autos. It's been a proven design for many years. Just because you may not have heard about it doesn't mean it's an unproven platform. It just so happens others on the other side of the Pacific did their own proving for you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I carry my new Vp9 and its working really well for me, buuuuuuuut.....when someone asks me about maybe starting to get it to handguns for defensive purposes. I have a 3 step program for everyone who asks. ( I am by no means an expert on anything but I know my glocks will work when I need them to. Even though they're not my favorite.)

Step 1. Glock 19
    Step 2. Ammo
    Step 3. Shoot ammo
    Last edited by NCGREENSWAMP13; 12-22-14 at 08:05.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast