Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where does one buy quality ammo?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I suppose your titles asks where. In general, these are sites I have ordered ammo from multiple times with good/great results. Different sites are better for different ammo types/rounds/etc, of course.

www.sgammo.com
    www.targetsportsusa.com
    www.grafs.com
    www.aimsurplus.com
    www.gandrtactical.com
    www.midwayusa.com (often overpriced on ammo, but not always)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I get most of my ammo from aimsurplus, lucky gunner, or PSA. I recommend a small buy of 2 or 3 types of ammo at first (20-50 rounds of each) to see what you like. Then shop around and don't forget to include shipping costs in your cost-per-round calculation, it can make the difference on finding the better deal.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 12-21-14 at 07:59.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Prvi Partizan 75gr BTHP Match is pretty popular and seems to have a very good combination of accuracy/consistency and price. You should be able to get them for <= $0.50 per round from multiple sources. I'll bet you notice group size reduction readily vs M193 or M855. Go search around and check it out.
    PRVI is reliable ammo. And will likely be, as you said, more accurate than M193/M855. But even hand loaded, their 75 gr bullet hasn't proved to be MOA for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    if you are ready to step it up as in get the most accuracy from you gun

then it is time to start reloading. It is the only way to find the real potential of you weapon

It is fun, challenging, and you can turn out some great match ammo for the price of regular bulk ammo

quality match ammo can easily cost $1 to !.50 a round

you can turn out better ammo tailored to your gun for match bullet $0.20 to $0.25 powder $0.08 per round Primer $0.03 now that is .223 larger cal. might take twice the powder and the bullet might be a little higher.

Feedback Score
    www.luckygunner.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12