Thread: new glock mod22 gen 4

Feedback Score

new glock mod22 gen 4

Just got new gen 4mod22only got to shoot one mag in back yard haven't been to range yet at 10yds I grouped a2.5in GRP is this exceptable. After more practice what kind of groups can I expect at different ranges. What are group sizes u guy are getting.
    Last edited by newguy; 12-17-14 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That is fine for a defensive group I guess.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I would say you could expect those size groups at 25 yards if your ammo isn't crap. This doesn't necessarily mean your group is bad. It can depend on how fast you are trying to go, plus I notice that at least with me I don't get my groups that much smaller with closer targets (then again I tend to shoot faster when I bring targets closer).

Group shooting can be challenging. Start with a benchrest then try off hand. It is not that easy but is very satisfying when you start getting groups 3" and smaller off hand at 25 yards. One of my most memorable groups was 3 shots (took 1 or 2 to get myself into position beforehand) from a G26 that landed within about half an inch to an inch at 25 yards. This was benched but it was cool to me nonetheless.

Feedback Score
    It's a defensive sidearm. While it can be accurate, accuracy isn't really it's reason for being. And pistols, even more so than rifles, are as accurate as their user can manage.

I would not get too focused on accuracy, other than as a measure of your shooting technique. Proper trigger technique, grip, stance and sight picture are your priorities. Trigger technique is #1, and dry-firing is the key. Learn to use the Glock trigger as a two-stage trigger.

Take up the slack, to the point of resistance, then squeeeeeeze through the resistance. Then learn to only release the trigger far enough to get to the re-set position, instead of all the way out.
    Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus (519 BC – 430 BC) Power should only be given to those that want it least.

Feedback Score
    Were you asking about your performance or the firearms?

Most guns, and this one too I expect, will shoot better groups than 99% of shooters are capable of performing. I'm not saying your initial group is good or bad. Just that if a firearm doesn't perform well, it's often a shooter issue versus the firearm.

Of course, all guns shoot inherently better or worse with different ammo loads, but your 2.5 inch group is certainly respectable based on your post.

Enjoy your new Glock...
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 12-18-14 at 18:47. Reason: clarification

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Were you asking about your performance or the firearms?

Most guns, and this one too I expect, will shoot better groups than 99% of shooters are capable of performing. I'm not saying your initial group is good or bad. Just that if a firearm doesn't perform well, it's often a shooter issue versus the firearm.

Of course, all guns shoot inherently better or worse with different ammo loads, but your 2.5 inch group is certainly respectable based on your post.

Enjoy your new Glock...
    Thanks for you help I was really just wondering with good ammo and me especially doing my part what the gun was capable of, someone with more experience. As I said I've only got 1mag through it.I know I definitely need a lot mor RDS down range. How