Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta USA's next Army contender.

Feedback Score
    Add a Brigadier slide and a "G" decocker only set up and it's sold.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    The Army isn't going to change calibers.

And frankly, this M9A3 has only a slightly higher chance of being adopted as anything else... assuming the Army doesn't just order another half-million M9s.

I'd like to see a non-vertec version, too.
    Do you have insider info? I haven't seen the requirement spec sheet as to what the Army wants.
    Looking for someone who can make a polygonal 1911 barrel for my father. IM me if you can help.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Mosy important part, and the part that probably dooms the handgun competition

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta...nt-of-defense/
    The improvements include design and material enhancements resulting in increased modularity, reliability, durability, and ergonomics. They are being submitted via an Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) in accordance with the terms of the current M9 contract.

If they can get the M9A3 under the terms of the current M9 contracts, do you really think they will do anything else?
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 12-17-14 at 20:41.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Mosy important part, and the part that probably dooms the handgun competition

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta...nt-of-defense/
    The improvements include design and material enhancements resulting in increased modularity, reliability, durability, and ergonomics. They are being submitted via an Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) in accordance with the terms of the current M9 contract.

If they can get the M9A3 under the terms of the current M9 contracts, do you really think they will do anything else?
    Why didn't Beretta do this a few years ago when the Army contemplated a new weapon?
    Looking for someone who can make a polygonal 1911 barrel for my father. IM me if you can help.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiesketti View Post
    Do you have insider info? I haven't seen the requirement spec sheet as to what the Army wants.
    What the Army wants is a weapon that takes five minutes to train an individual soldier to operate with full competency and capability, is completely safe under all circumstances, can strike a pinpoint target at 50 meters, holds ten thousand rounds of ammunition, can neutralize a 300 kilogram individual wearing plates, has zero recoil, and weighs less than a pound fully loaded.

In other words, what the Army wants is irrelevant. What they will get is almost guaranteed to be what they have.

Insider info? No. But the Army has spent fifty years trying to replace the M16/M4 FOW only to settle on buying ever more while it took them six decades to drop the 1911. And even then, it was piggybacked on an Air Force project. And have tried to replace it every six or seven years since. It took the Army until the late-1950s/early-1960s to bring the M1 Garand into the 1940s, the M3 'Grease Gun' remained in active service until the early 1990s.... &c., &c., &c.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I have read it will have convertible safety/de-cock only like their PX-4 [?] so one can have it as you want it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 19852 View Post
    I have read it will have convertible safety/de-cock only like their PX-4 [?] so one can have it as you want it.
    Source?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    It should just be a G model that only decocks. Why do you need a safety on a DA/SA gun?
    I assume that the military prefers safety's on their guns if they can help it. I don't like safety's on my handguns at all but purity much every military handgun has had one.
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    Looks good to me! I too am kind of a FDE fan. Maybe it's the fact that I grew up watching the Leathal Weapon series of movies but I find the 92 to be nostalgically appealing to me.

It's too bad however that bureaucrats will be deciding what kind of combat pistol our military will be using. Doubtful that any of them have even fired a handgun before.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Did I miss the M9A2?
    Marines have the A1 version, what happened to the A2?

Personally I'd rather see them buying upgraded M9's for now. Support system is already in-place and we really can not afford another "Pistol Competition".
    Winning may not be everything, but the endorsements are better.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast