Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Consistently Grouping Poorly

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    .. maybe a good gunsmith can diagnosis it if he strips it down
    "gunsmiths" can be the worst people to have look at ARs. A qualified/experienced Armorer is a wiser option.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    "gunsmiths" can be the worst people to have look at ARs. A qualified/experienced Armorer is a wiser option.
    Yes, which could be called a gunsmith. That's why find a good one. Most Armorers are not listed as "Armorers" they get listed under the general name of "gunsmith"
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    Yes, which could be called a gunsmith. That's why find a good one. Most Armorers are not listed as "Armorers" they get listed under the general name of "gunsmith"
    Not to bog down in semantics, but true gunsmith and an armorer are two totally different roles. We've got a CLASSIC thread in Tech where a guy took his AR to a "gunsmith" instead of an armorer, and ended up with a ruined AR barrel and gas block... which is now an abstract art piece.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not to bog down in semantics, but true gunsmith and an armorer are two totally different roles. We've got a CLASSIC thread in Tech where a guy took his gun to a "gunsmith" instead of an armorer, and ended up with a ruined AR barrel and gas block.
    I agree, that sucks, I have had similar experiences as well with a few guns.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    And not to crap on gunsmiths... I need them to do specific things. But sometimes they just jump into the AR, and it gets ugly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSledgehammer View Post
    I've checked everything (flash hider, castle nut) with the exception of the barrel nut. The barrel itself seems like its in there tight. It will move some (very little though) up and down & side to side in the free float hand-guard, I would think that is normal though. The MOE stock is kinda sloppy, but I thought they all were. It collapses and extends with a solid lock up. I feel like its possible that I have a wondering dot in my R-1. I'll check it with irons to see what the real deal is.
    How much force are you using when moving the barrel? If its easily moved than thats your problem.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It depends on the barrel. My DD (or BCM don't remember) lightweight barrel will flex all the way up and contact the rail with just the pressure applied by my thumb. It will still shoot sub-moa.

Rick

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    It depends on the barrel. My DD (or BCM don't remember) lightweight barrel will flex all the way up and contact the rail with just the pressure applied by my thumb. It will still shoot sub-moa.

Rick
    I agree 100%. Like when guys easily pushes a barrel around with his thumb and claims the handguard is flexing!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post

Rick
    Mine does exactly the same thing, so I think thats normal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How much experience di you have with your aimpoint? I've seen guys (read PVTs) that have never used them just assume that since it's parallax free they can put the dot anywhere while zeroing. I imagine this is something you've considered and discounted, but just in case.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast