Thread: I do not have permission...

Feedback Score

I do not have permission...

"Burns, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I activated my account want to go and have posted on the site in the past. Yet, I receive this message often when I try to simply follow a link posted in a given thread to another thread.

Kindly direct me towards a solution if you have one. Thanks

Feedback Score
    If you are trying to reply to a "General Discussion" thread, you need 200 total posts before you can reply. I get this same message.

Feedback Score
    I have been a member here for something like eight years. I rarely post, yet, I still have only 167ish posts and can't access the General Discussion thread. Kind of silly to me. One hundred posts should be enough. But, rules are rules.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    I have been a member here for something like eight years. I rarely post, yet, I still have only 167ish posts and can't access the General Discussion thread. Kind of silly to me. One hundred posts should be enough. But, rules are rules.
    Same boat. I went to reply to a thread the other day with some information that I felt would be helpful, and... well...

But hey, one post closer. I know for a fact that vBulletin will allow you to advance a person to another member group based on time AND/OR posts. M4C makes a big deal over the fact that post-count is no indicator of a person's value to the community, but then here we are talking about post-count as a means of restricting or granting access to a forum.

Seems kind of counter-productive.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungsten View Post
    Same boat. I went to reply to a thread the other day with some information that I felt would be helpful, and... well...

But hey, one post closer. I know for a fact that vBulletin will allow you to advance a person to another member group based on time AND/OR posts. M4C makes a big deal over the fact that post-count is no indicator of a person's value to the community, but then here we are talking about post-count as a means of restricting or granting access to a forum.

Seems kind of counter-productive.
    I've found this forum to be very helpful and enjoy being here (even before I formally signed up), yet I agree that this is an odd approach.

But I'm not going anywhere. I just don't yet get the chance to participate in some great conversations and share my experiences on some topics.
    Last edited by CatSnipah; 01-19-15 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M4C's site rules and posting guidelines are clearly written and conspicuously posted. Unfortunately, the rationale and deliberation that went into forming them isn't always as obvious, nor is it succinct enough to be shared in detail. Suffice it to say, all are developed with the best interest of site content and members in mind. Most importantly, at the end of the day we are all guests in someone else's home. The invitation to make ourselves at home does not include putting our feet on the furniture, nor are we allowed to wander the house freely until a level of trust has been earned. I suspect everyone has similar rules for their house guests as well.

Thanks for the feedback.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب