Thread: Knife Outlet?

Feedback Score

Knife Outlet?

Has anyone had any experience with a website called knife outlet?

http://www.knifeoutlet.com/index.html

The reason I ask is because there is a particular knife I am interested in that is significantly less if purchased from Knife Outlet over Tops Knives. My concern is that the knife could be a fake when considering how much less it is from Knife Outlet.

If you have had any experience with Knife Outlet was it a good one? Was the product purchased authentic?
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    Some mixed reviews. Recently saw a SNAFU caused by knife outlet discussed on a different forum. I'd consider a transaction with them as a gamble.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Kraken

On a side note as far as Tops Knives go is it pretty easy to find their offering sold elsewhere for much less? The knife in question is a Tops Tom Brown Tracker listed on Tops for 299. I have noticed you can find Tops Tom Brown Trackers selling for 185-190 new on ebay. I understand Tops is probably selling at retail prices but at around 100$ drop in price should I be concerned of buying a fake or is a 100$ drop in price pretty standard?
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphman View Post
    Thanks Kraken

On a side note as far as Tops Knives go is it pretty easy to find their offering sold elsewhere for much less? The knife in question is a Tops Tom Brown Tracker listed on Tops for 299. I have noticed you can find Tops Tom Brown Trackers selling for 185-190 new on ebay. I understand Tops is probably selling at retail prices but at around 100$ drop in price should I be concerned of buying a fake or is a 100$ drop in price pretty standard?
    Amazon has several http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+Tracker+knife
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've always been very happy with knifeworks.com

They show it for $185.

http://www.knifeworks.com/topstombro...pre-order.aspx

Feedback Score
    Buy from a reputable dealer and you should be GTG. Some counterfeiters are getting so good they're even fooling legit dealers - thinking specifically of some higher end Spydercos. General rule of thumb is if the price is too good to be true, it's probably too good to be true.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have read some very bad reviews of Knife Outlet. I have also used Knifeworks, and The Knife Connection with great results.

Feedback Score
    I ended up passing on Knife Outlet and went through amazon to minimize any potential for counterfeit. I also tossed the Tom Brown knife and went with Tops Brother of Bushcraft fieldcraft knife. It just came in the mail today and it is one of the sweetest blades I have held, father should really enjoy this one for his Christmas gift. Thanks again guys for the feedback it was much appreciated.

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    Wise decision Young Murphman. That blade will serve your father well. Have a Merry Christmas.