Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re-profile barrel

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

re-profile barrel

sorry if any of this has already been answered but i couldnt find anything. i am planning on building a new rifle within the next month or so and will be going with a 14.5 BCM carbine length upper. i want to send the upper off to adco and have them remove the larger section behind the flash hider since it has no purpose without a grenade launcher and might even take it down to a profile somewhere between a standard and light weight. because it will have a perm attached muzzle device will adco will be able to reprofile the barrel without removing the flash hider and gas block? also while im asking, has anyone here had a barrel turned down adco? how did it turn out? and if i do decide to go with a midweight profle, what are the diameters of a lightweight and standard barrels?
    thanks for all the responses?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Sounds like a lot of time & expense for shipping & work. Unless you're set on a carbine I'd go with a mid length 14.5.I believe someone makes an (optimum profile?) barrel that's between a govt & lightweight profile.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    im not in a big hurry so the time and money isnt the big of a deal, i would rather spend the extra cash and wait a little longer to have exactly what i want. i am sure i want the carbine as im not completely sold on the midlength and i dont think im quite ready to build an upper yet, just now going to build my first lower

Feedback Score
    I had Adco reprofile the barrel of my Colt 6940P to M4 diameter under the handguards (was a SOCOM thickness), and cut the barrel to 14.7" and perm-attach a standard FH. They do good work.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    sounds good. how was the turn around time for the work?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Ballistic Advantage has a 14.5 carbine barrel with the Hanson Profile that sounds like exactly what you're looking for!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boooomer96 View Post
    sounds good. how was the turn around time for the work?
    IIRC I had it back in roughly 10 days from when I sent it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket 442 View Post
    Ballistic Advantage has a 14.5 carbine barrel with the Hanson Profile that sounds like exactly what you're looking for!
    Doesn't Noveske make the "N4 Light" barrel which is somewhere in-between?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    does anyone know what the diameter of a bcm lightweight barrel and standard profile barrel in front of the gas block is? i want a profile in between the 2 without having to put a new barrel on the upper.

Feedback Score
    Why not just call Adco and have them answer all your questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast