Thread: Sun Devil Billet Upper and Lowers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

Sun Devil Billet Upper and Lowers

So I am in my local gun store today to get my Rem LTR (Pics are coming soon ) and I see they have a Sun Devil Billet Upper and Lower for sale.

I understand that the billet lowers are better than forged. I am just asking about any experiences you might have with Sun Devil products. I know that they don't have M4 feed ramps. I am thinking about it for a precision AR build.

Thanks for any input you might have.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The lowers are really nice - I have no experience with the uppers.

I am unsure if billet is "better" than forged.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 06-28-08 at 14:42. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I only say that because it looked like a much better product than any of the forged lowers I have seen.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the uppers do not have M4 feed ramps (they are A3 uppers)- that's a deal breaker for me....YMMV
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I believe the uppers do not have M4 feed ramps (they are A3 uppers)- that's a deal breaker for me....YMMV
    Beat me to it!

The billet lowers are very nice though. I have one and need another.
    "We need to get over the romance of aligning sights and get to the business of shooting smelly bearded men in the face more efficiently."
    Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I know that they don't have M4 feed lips. I am planning it to be a 18" barreled SPR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    docsherm,

The ones I've used, built, and played around with have all been of good quality. I've got one of their new uppers with the forward assist waiting to go onto a build right now.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB