Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for Ohio....

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Good news for Ohio....

The governor just signed a bill that requires CLEOs to sign on NFA transfers.

http://www.guns.com/2014/12/20/ohio-...uppressor-use/

............Includes a “shall certify” provision which requires a chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) to sign off on an application to transfer an item regulated by the National Firearms Act, once the application procedure and requirements are met. This provision eliminates personal bias towards NFA-related items, requiring CLEOs to sign off and process the application in the same way they do a concealed handgun license..........................

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Good for them! They should have a valid legal reason for denying the application. Not just because Sherriff Jim Bob thinks that no one has a use for their NFA item

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Excellent, excellent news.

I would love to see the same thing happen here in Texas, during the new legislative session next year.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Excellent, excellent news.

I would love to see the same thing happen here in Texas, during the new legislative session next year.
    The world just isn't right without shall certify in Texas and Florida... I predict both will happen this year or next alomg with several other states.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 30 round magazine limit is also being lifted for Ohio. Good times indeed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah buddy!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    This is a good thing and more states should follow suit.

The issue isn't so much that CLEOs have a personal bias against NFA items (although some certainly do), it's the "I don't want to be responsible if something happens" issue.

Not to mention that Sheriffs are elected, and the other guy screaming "He is putting machine guns, silencers, and sawed off shotguns on the streets!" is tough to run against.

With a state law requiring CLEOs to do it, the assholes refusing it for personal reasons and those afraid of political/litigious fallout have those issues removed.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    In NC, it's an issue of our AG (lovingly referred to as Comrade Cooper) has advised them all not to do it. There are a handful that will, but it's best for us to never publicize those names.

We're real curious in my county (which includes a very large city), as the new Democrat Sheriff said he'd sign, is an instructor, and supposedly owns some MGs. He said he'd sign F4s when asked, but no mention of F1s. Haven't seen a report of anybody successfully getting a signature, yet.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    The world just isn't right without shall certify in Texas and Florida... I predict both will happen this year or next alomg with several other states.
    With 41p looming on the horizon I'm really hopeful we'll see this in Florida in the near future. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it happen in Texas and Georgia either.

Good for Ohio.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly76 View Post
    The 30 round magazine limit is also being lifted for Ohio. Good times indeed.
    Where did you hear about this?? I'm hoping you're right..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast