Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting a Noveske 16" Basic. Buy now, or later?

Feedback Score
    ummmmm.....buy one now and another in 10 months?????

Feedback Score
    I'd buy now because these shoot sticks have a tendency to go up in price over a short period of time. If I were you, I'd get another part time job to fund the purchase and ammo, AND to help the wife out so your budget doesn't go in the crapper. FYI, you have until NOV to save and purchase. No pressure!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AwaySooner View Post
    I would get it now, after your graduation, if you get a better job, then you get another one, ACR, SCAR, whatever. There's a formula out there, I think "1 Ar15 = 5 pair of shoes + 1 half karat diamond necklace".
    I agree with this one. Were it me, I'd get it now and I'd sleep well at night knowing that I have what I consider one of the best ARs out there all ready and waiting. Ten months is a long time and there's no telling what can happen financially, politically, etc. by April or May of next year. You may find a great job upon obtaining your Master and be able to afford another rifle (there's nothing wrong with two), or you may find that disposable income has shrunk and not be able to afford it. Also, in the mean time, you can start buying mags and ammo. Another very real danger is Obama taking the WH and I am not as comfortable as some that he won't be able to push a ban through.

Feedback Score
    buy it now

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loac View Post
    Right now, I have an XD9, XD40, and Ruger 10/22, so I am ok with regards to self defense.
    Well everything should be ok as long as you have a 10/22. . .
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Have her get the Noveske for you know. Start saving up some money for when you graduate, and use it for a few thousand rounds of ammo, both training and defensive ammo, and a two day carbine course with one of the many excellent trainers out there.

I wouldnt even consider spending a lump of cash on a new weapon system like the Masada. Let it work any potential issues out, and grow through the inevitable revisions that will occur over the first several months it is on the market, then consider one.

Feedback Score
    I'm going to chime in here. Buy it now! Nobody knows the future and it is vry difficult to make predictions especially in the light of economic and political uncertainties.
    My wife suggested that I use the "stimulus" money and so I bought the LMT and added a Troy BUIS and Troy MRF-DI.
    I am new to this forum and have learnt a lot from the expertise demonstrated here.
    Even though I have been around M16s, on and off, since 1975, I do not consider myself an expert on the black rifle.
    Lastly, I am most grateful to various members of this website for the excellent material found here.

Feedback Score
    Buy now! You might not be able to if the Assault Weapons Ban is re-enacted after November by Obama...If of course he wins, which he very well could.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    on a lighter note, i say buy it now. then in a month tell her that you need to fire it and seriously test it out before the warranty period is up once you use it, she might not care about not using it for 10 months.
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    on a lighter note, i say buy it now. then in a month tell her that you need to fire it and seriously test it out before the warranty period is up once you use it, she might not care about not using it for 10 months.
    You guys are very sneaky...I admire that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast