Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast

Thread: The Official M4C 9mm Single Stack Glock Thread

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Got it fixed today! It was a bitch to do it without removing the trigger pin but my buddy managed to fernagle it. Will do my wife's tomorrow but probably won't shoot 'til next weekend.

Thanks for the advice and pics guys!
    Thanks for updating and identifying the installation as the problem. It's important that it was recognized and rectified before a bad rumor got started. - On the interwebs? Never! :-)

While I'm sure every company will sell an out of spec or defective product once in a while, connectors seem to get the "Never use non-OEM! They break/fail ALL the time!"

Personally, I've never seen a bad connector that wasn't A. Installed incorrectly or B. Had someone take the outboard angle out of it thinking the manufacturer screwed up.

Oddly enough, the two connectors that I've seen with the angle erroneously removed were Glock Minus connectors.

Thanks again and good luck!

Harold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Thanks for updating and identifying the installation as the problem. It's important that it was recognized and rectified before a bad rumor got started. - On the interwebs? Never! :-)

While I'm sure every company will sell an out of spec or defective product once in a while, connectors seem to get the "Never use non-OEM! They break/fail ALL the time!"

Personally, I've never seen a bad connector that wasn't A. Installed incorrectly or B. Had someone take the outboard angle out of it thinking the manufacturer screwed up.

Oddly enough, the two connectors that I've seen with the angle erroneously removed were Glock Minus connectors.

Thanks again and good luck!

Harold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well my buddy at one time was a certified Glock "mechanic" and he's worked on beaucoup of them over the years. He says tucking that one piece into the lip of the spring bar is a new one and must be specific to the 42/43. I told him it was a common error with these new ones and now he knows, so if someone brings a 42/43 in for work he'll be aware of it.

I'm hoping that this will help alleviate some of the feeding issues I had......maybe it was creating drag on the slide? We'll see next weekend.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Picked up my 43 last week, ran my qual with it today. It still surprises me how easy it is shoot for a sub-compact 9mm. Either I am getting used to it or the trigger has been getting better as I shoot it. I just need to get some night sights for it and the Vickers slide stop and I'll be a happy guy. The Taran Tactical +2 base plates have my interest as well.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    For those curious, the 43 will accept fullsize Glock sights.

Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Searching Glock 43 magazines I clicked on Brownells and Midway, both had them for pre-order. texted my LGS guy about when they would be available and he said we have them now. Between my friend and me we bought 8.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had a Ghost Pro connector installed yesterday and the difference it makes in the trigger is pretty amazing. The Glock connector gave a trigger break around 5 pounds 10-12 ounces. This surprised me because it felt much heavier and did not feel smooth. The Ghost Pro dropped the break into the mid to high 4 pound range, but more importantly it made the pull very smooth. This was all dry fire and I hope to shoot it today or tomorrow.

A friend has the Ghost Edge which is a simple drop in part. He says it was an improvement from the Glock connector. I believe the Pro in my gun is smoother than the Edge. The inventor of the Ghost connectors installed mine and it was done so quickly I didn't even see what he did (there are instructions on the website). It did not require using the orange armorer's end plate like other Glocks do (good thing because the orange end plate won't fit the 42 or 43). The smoothness of the trigger is more important to him than the weight and believes the Pro is the smoothest trigger for the 42 and 43. It is a total redesign from other fitted connectors due to Glock's changes to their trigger spring. Fitting the G42-43 Pro involves removing material from the top of the extra tab instead of from the end like Ghost's other fitted connectors.

Ghost will have +2 extensions (no plans for +1 extensions) that will use the factory base plate and come with an extra power spring. I will wait for these as I don't want to run a +2 with the factory spring which is the only offering on the market so far. They will also have the bullet forward slide lock which I prefer and drop with my support hand thumb. The extensions should be available before the bullet forward release.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    For those curious, the 43 will accept fullsize Glock sights.
    I think it's supposed to share the same sights as the 42. Using full size sights on it would probably not make it have correct POA/POI?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I did some accuracy testing Tuesday. The gun is way more accurate than I expected. I found that putting more finger on the trigger helps. The 124 +P was quite snappy. Ejection became more erratic as the day went on. I will keep a close eye on that.

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr

"Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Concur on the stupid accurate. Grant shot a single hole with mine (factory other than Dawson adj. rear .125 and .100 red fiber front) with 1 flyer about a inch high.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone have a 25yd group to share? I've not settled into the gun enough to get one.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast