Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official M4C 9mm Single Stack Glock Thread

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

The Official M4C 9mm Single Stack Glock Thread

Also known as: Does Glock want our money or not?

These rumors seem to circulate every year - that Glock is really close to releasing its compact single stack 9mm. But this year it seems really really likely. They've already released the G42 (although the trigger is garbage) and every other major competitor has a single stack 9mm on the market already from Beretta to S&W to Ruger.

I know no one will be able to provide official info until (if) Glock releases it, but what are your thoughts?

As the biggest 9mm Glock fanboy in the world, I would absolutely love a G42 sized 9mm if the trigger isn't crap. I carry a G26 daily, but if I'm not wearing a shirt, or my pants have no belt, then I can't carry a gun. I want a reliable 9mm that has the same manual of arms as all of my other pistols and fits easily in my pocket. So do thousands and thousands of other Americans.

Get with the program, Gaston.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-24-14 at 14:00.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I kind of stopped caring but if they offered something along the lines of the G36 but in 9mm and appropriately scaled down in slide length and width that would be something. I always liked the G36 but never liked the capacity.
    I think the lack of commonality the 42 has with other models is somewhat of a negative. A single stack 9 with as many common parts as possible with other Glocks would be great (but probably tough to accomplish).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I attended a LE training conference this year and during a break a glock rep took the stage. When asked about a g42 sized single stack 9 he danced around it and said who knows. When he finished up and still somewhat on that topic he said it would be a good idea if we saved our Xmas money for the something cool next year. It's probably going to happen just a matter of in how many months.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In order to improve feeding for a single stacked pistol, Glock will introduce a new cartridge......the 9mm GAP.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I carry a G26 daily, but if I'm not wearing a shirt, or my pants have no belt, then I can't carry a gun.

Get with the program, Gaston.
    S&W jframe 442 in a pocket holster.

Problem solved.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    In order to improve feeding for a single stacked pistol, Glock will introduce a new cartridge......the 9mm GAP.
    I would punch somebody in the face.

Then, just to make a point and once I hit the powerball, I would dump all of my Glocks and design my own pistol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeezy View Post
    I attended a LE training conference this year and during a break a glock rep took the stage. When asked about a g42 sized single stack 9 he danced around it and said who knows. When he finished up and still somewhat on that topic he said it would be a good idea if we saved our Xmas money for the something cool next year. It's probably going to happen just a matter of in how many months.
    I remember last time Glock said they were releasing something new and tried to get people excited... it ended up being for the "new" 17L and the suppressor ready Glock models which use metric thread patterns and don't even have night sights (although they are at least suppressor height steel sights). On top of that they are only gen 3 models which doesn't make sense to me because I don't think there are gen specific barrels between 3 and 4. The price on the threaded barrel guns is at least pretty good.

I wouldn't be surprised if this cool stuff he talked about was suppressor ready gen 4's, a return of RTF2, or even a run of the 24. Glock just seems totally opposed to doing what people actually want to buy which makes no sense whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post

Problem solved.

Been there, done that.

Crap capacity. Crap trigger. Crap sights. Another caliber to put in the safe Different manual of arms. Crap reload ability. Got stolen from me by a fireman during a car fire and the courts still haven't released it back to me.

Appreciate the suggestion but a single stack 9mm Glock would cure these ailments. Except the shady fireman.

Would be easy to recommend that if you're a big gun guy, but all I own are 9mm Glocks. No other pistols. I want to keep it that way for many reasons.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-24-14 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post

Problem solved.
    J Frames suck.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Last edited by DWood; 12-24-14 at 16:34.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast