Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official M4C 9mm Single Stack Glock Thread

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Guess I'll finally breakdown and buy a shield.
    Don't forget the PPS.

If you were closer I'd let you try mine.

Feedback Score
    I've not read all the posts regarding the Glock single stack, but I don't want one.

I'm perfectly happy with my Glock 19.

So, other than a single stack (I guess...?) having a bit less mass, which presumably makes it a bit more comfortable to conceal or if not, what makes a single stack so in demand, i.e., what's is the benefit of a single stack?

I would also guess a single stack will provided less ammo in the magazine, so for me, that's a big downside.

Or, is it that gun guys (I include myself) are never content with what's available and want more, more, more choices?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    I've not read all the posts regarding the Glock single stack, but I don't want one.

I'm perfectly happy with my Glock 19.

So, other than a single stack (I guess...?) having a bit less mass, which presumably makes it a bit more comfortable to conceal or if not, what makes a single stack so in demand, i.e., what's is the benefit of a single stack?

I would also guess a single stack will provided less ammo in the magazine, so for me, that's a big downside.

Or, is it that gun guys (I include myself) are never content with what's available and want more, more, more choices?
    It would be slim and potentially usable for pocket carry
    Plus it would still be a Glock unlike the PPS or Shield

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    It would be slim and potentially usable for pocket carry
    Plus it would still be a Glock unlike the PPS or Shield
    I don't understand this sentiment... You will need a new holster, a new set of magazines, new sights, new... everything actually. Besides wanting the Glock name, what commonality does the vaporware single stack 9mm have with the other double stack Glocks that a Shield/PPS/whatever doesn't have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    I don't understand this sentiment... You will need a new holster, a new set of magazines, new sights, new... everything actually. Besides wanting the Glock name, what commonality does the vaporware single stack 9mm have with the other double stack Glocks that a Shield/PPS/whatever doesn't have?
    It would be the same controls and method of operation and possibly have some small parts commonality with other Glocks, plus Glock parts are pretty well distributed

PPS has the paddle release
    The shield is arguably not all that different without the safety but it is a little bigger

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    While I'd like to see a SS 9 from Glock I don't think I'd buy one. I already have a Shield that has functioned well for over 1,000+ rounds. I have a holster, mag carrier and spare mags. That said, I have considered buying a non-safety Shield as our current one technically belongs to my wife. I've also moved away from Glocks over the last few years, having sold 7. I still have two G19 RTF2s that I won't sell but the VP9, M&P 9c and Shield cover my needs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Don't forget the PPS.

If you were closer I'd let you try mine.
    2 issues I have with the PPS vs the Shield.

1. It carries 1 less round in an already low capacity platform with flush fit magazine (I pocket carry my shield most of the time).

2. Spare parts, where would you go about buying say a spare recoil spring assembly or extractor for the PPS?

I can deal with number 1, but not having spare parts readily available would worry me...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post

2. Spare parts, where would you go about buying say a spare recoil spring assembly or extractor for the PPS?

Call Walther, now that they have a facility in the US it has been easy to order parts. Grant at G&R Tactical also has Walther PPS parts(recoil assembly, striker assembly, magazines, etc) listed on his site.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    2 issues I have with the PPS vs the Shield.

1. It carries 1 less round in an already low capacity platform with flush fit magazine (I pocket carry my shield most of the time).

I can deal with number 1, but not having spare parts readily available would worry me...
    As mentioned, spares can be bought. Not as easy as Glock parts, but they are available.

I IWB carry my PPS, so I can see your point about the capacity for pocket carry and losing 1 round. I guess that's the advantage of a slightly thicker pistol with the Shields not quite single stack magazines.

I just prefer the PPS greatly over the Shields I've shot, granted they were all 40s but I had the feeling before actually shooting them. I'd be perfectly happy if someone gave me one to to use, but with a choice I'd buy the PPS.

Ruger LP9S Pro might be a viable option for some as well, now that the nanny state stuff has been removed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Get with the program, Gaston. ....and every other major competitor has a single stack 9mm on the market already from Beretta to S&W to Ruger
    Hillarious and Thirsty!!!! Glock is at the TOTFC for a reason. They set the trends they dont follow them. Telling Gaston to "Get with the program" is like telling Karl Benz & Dieter Zetsche to get with the program and step up to the ranks of their domestic competitors!
    Last edited by Glock30; 01-29-15 at 07:09.
    The Revolution Will Not Be Televised ~ Gil Scott-Heron

Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast