Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunsmithing Hall of Shame Thread

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger56528 View Post
    Electrical tape would of looked better.
    I wonder...maybe he was training for the apocalypse? Picture that gun in Mad Max's post apocalyptic world...
    Beside that. I got nothing. Except adjectives that aren't very nice. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Yep...WTF came to mind when I 1st seen it,I don't even think the apocalypse would be a excuse for something like that,still scratching my head over the lower.

Feedback Score
    Maybe its a liveaction apoc prop from fallout 4.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 454308 View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    A screw-gun, some zip-ins, and a little plumber strap...what's not to like?

Feedback Score
    OK, I don't know if this is shameful, as much as just plain weird...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ruck-gun-rack/

I'm guessing it's a wall-hanger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    OK, I don't know if this is shameful, as much as just plain weird...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ruck-gun-rack/

I'm guessing it's a wall-hanger.
    First thought, "Mother of God!"
    Second thought, "if that works...."
    Third thought, "I'm not sure if it so ugly that is kinda of cool, or if it like a trainwreck." Stares at it for five minutes.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    A screw-gun, some zip-ins, and a little plumber strap...what's not to like?

It does, but I detect the nuances of pure redneckedness that cannot be denied....

I think Kdubya hit the nail on the head, that turret is a real jewel....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    First thought, "Mother of God!"
    Second thought, "if that works...."
    Third thought, "I'm not sure if it so ugly that is kinda of cool, or if it like a trainwreck." Stares at it for five minutes.
    First reaction the same, with a "What in the name of John Moses Browning is that abomination??? DON'T LOOK JOHN!!!" Thrown in.
    Think it may be one of those times you wanna use about 50' of 550 cord & seek shelter behind an engine block to shoot.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    It does, but I detect the nuances of pure redneckedness that cannot be denied....

I think Kdubya hit the nail on the head, that turret is a real jewel....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have a theory on the turrets...

Clearly, Bubba had tried the straps in a few locations; as evidence by multiple holes in the stock. In the previous configurations the straps kept the scope attached to the rifle, BUT it wouldn't stay perfectly stationary. It was horrible for consistent eye relief, and even smacked him in the face on a couple occasions. Solution? Got the eye relief where he wanted it and put a strap on each side of the turret to minimize the jostling back and forth. For a brief moment, Bubba was pleased. Until he learned that turrets aren't recoil bearing.

No worries. I'm sure there's another bright idea churning in the back of his mind. And I'm looking forward to it!
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    First reaction the same, with a "What in the name of John Moses Browning is that abomination??? DON'T LOOK JOHN!!!" Thrown in.
    Think it may be one of those times you wanna use about 50' of 550 cord & seek shelter behind an engine block to shoot.
    I have the feeling that if that thing was ever to be shot, it would likely have gone something like this, "Hey, Billy-Jo, hold my beer while I try this." What follows is either genuine redneck genius in engineering, or a page five obituary.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast