Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunsmithing Hall of Shame Thread

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousMind View Post
    Does anybody have the one from the Battlerifle guy? Said someone from some government dept wanted it bc it looked scary. I think it didn't have a hand guard of had a half hand guard or something. I can't seem to find it.
    This?
    image.jpg
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousMind View Post
    Does anybody have the one from the Battlerifle guy? Said someone from some government dept wanted it bc it looked scary. I think it didn't have a hand guard of had a half hand guard or something. I can't seem to find it.
    "The owner of Battle Rifle Company gave alternating explanations for their use of the wrong rail, from “people saying it looked cool” to unnamed federal agents wanting to use it because it “looked intimidating.”"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...atform-rifles/

And more battle rifle company fail:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...rifle-company/

I love this one because after all these failures they still they bragged on Facebook about how great their rifle survived the 10k round test: https://www.facebook.com/AlienGearHo...20742521455735

More here:
    http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/general...ive-ever-seen/
    Last edited by Bluto; 01-12-15 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    This?
    image.jpg
    That is it. If my memory serves me correct didn't he have this displayed at Shot Show?
    Peace the old fashion way

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Not gunsmithing per se but this thread reminds me of this M&P 15/22 I rescued from a pawn shop not too long ago. This photo was taken right after I got it home. Check out the custom handstop. Also the previous owner put this stupid metal sleeve over the end of the barrel. Have zero idea why......trying to mimic a can??? No clue. Gun has been great though after getting rid of the optic, a couple of other things, and fixing it up correctly.

-Jax

Untitled by jax11b, on Flickr

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Not gunsmithing per se but this thread reminds me of this M&P 15/22 I rescued from a pawn shop not too long ago. This photo was taken right after I got it home. Check out the custom handstop. Also the previous owner put this stupid metal sleeve over the end of the barrel. Have zero idea why......trying to mimic a can??? No clue. Gun has been great though after getting rid of the optic, a couple of other things, and fixing it up correctly.

-Jax

Whoa!!! Deja vu on that handstop. Hmmmm...coincidence or conspiracy? Bad juju all around!

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment...5&d=1420563015

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Whoa!!! Deja vu on that handstop. Hmmmm...coincidence or conspiracy? Bad juju all around!

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment...5&d=1420563015
    3AE,

I do have a fair amount of trigger time with the AR and its accoutrement the pic rail attachment version of the front sight.... Apparently (& unbeknownst to me) it is a very multi use high speed low drag SHT multi Fan SEAL/Delta, Vickers, Falla, Obama shot Osama piece of kit!

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    ha

I never noticed the hand stop (front sight)
    clever

Feedback Score

-Jax

Isn't that hand stop on backwards? Just kidding. I wonder if he wanted the barrel to look like the old CAR extended flash suppressor.
    Last edited by davidz71; 01-12-15 at 21:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

-Jax

Actually if I hold my phone about 3 feet away from my face and squint that looks really really tactical.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    A front sight post mounted upside down on the lower rail for a hand stop! What was he thinking?

Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast