Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunsmithing Hall of Shame Thread

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Let's try and make this less painful by posting pics directly if possible.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It would be best to remove attachments when quoting someone as well. Here is the revolver barrel porting specimen that atomic41 posted.

Last edited by TXBK; 12-26-14 at 00:23.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Garage gunsmith dremel fluting job posted by black22rifle. Surprisingly, even the ARFcomers, disapproved.

Last edited by TXBK; 12-26-14 at 00:24.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Not a hacked one, but definitely noteworthy. A friend of mine new to AR world other than buying them...bought one from a "gunsmith" builder. He called me asking why it wouldn't cycle. I told him to put one round in the mag and try a different BCG to try the last round hold open, etc to make sure it wasn't a gas key or whatever. Anyways. He brought it to me and I immediately noticed his problem. I pulled off the rail for the pics.
    20141222_210748 - Copy.jpg
    20141222_210756 - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by steyrman13; 12-25-14 at 21:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    Not a hacked one, but definitely noteworthy. A friend of mine new to AR world other than buying them...bought one from a "gunsmith" builder. He called me asking why it wouldn't cycle. I told him to out one round in the mag and try a different BCG to try the LRHO, etc to make sure it wasn't a gas key or whatever. Anyways. He brought it to me and I immediately noticed his problem. I pulled off the rail for the pics.
    OMG.... i hope to all that is good an holy this is a joke post. if real...... i dont even know.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    Outlander Systems, thank you for starting this thread. This stuff is very entertaining.

Come on Iraqgunz, I know you got to have some more good pics to post!

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Steyrman13: I wonder if the guy (I will not call him a gunsmith; he doesn't rate) "finished" the job, and saw the gas block and the gas tube sitting there left over, and just sort of shrugged...? Or, he assembled all the parts and saw the gas port in the barrel and shrugged at that.

One of those two things had to happen. Fact.
    Last edited by T-Dot; 12-25-14 at 21:23.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    OMG.... i hope to all that is good an holy this is a joke post. if real...... i dont even know.
    Completely true. I thought about starting a thread on it but felt this fit here. The guy builds lots of these uppers for people....
    The bad part is, the Magpul sights are knock offs, unknown barrel maker, and it already had marks from set screws of a gas block that had been mounted before....not sure what happened to it. Maybe it got blown off from the gas port that measures.....0.093 on a 10.5" barrel

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Steyrman

It's pinned isn't it? The muzzle device that is. Because if it is I'm going to laugh even harder

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Steyrman

It's pinned isn't it? The muzzle device that is. Because if it is I'm going to laugh even harder
    I wish I could tell you it was but it is not. The rail which is duracoated, I think is a Midwest that uses a barrel nut like YHM lightweight rails was missing the screw at the bottom that helps keep the rails from twisting other than the jam nut on the back. The fake noveske PIG MD was torqued on pretty tight though as the crush washer was flattened almost.

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast