Thread: SF M600U-A vs Streamlight TLR 1 HL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SF M600U-A vs Streamlight TLR 1 HL

Who has any experience with both of these lights? I was originally planning on getting the SL for my sbr work gun but my wife got me the SF. My areas of implementation will be everything from clearing houses to long outdoor distances. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Ive owned both. Ill always choose surefire when its on a defensive type weapon. Yes, they are expensive. But, you get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If your wife got you the M600U I would thank her and rock it hard. I have scout lights on both my go to rifles with SR07 switches mounted on both, one is an M600U, the other is an M600C I picked up recently for a song and a smile. Having used everything from the TLR1, TLR2, G2X, and X300U i still prefer the Scouts.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't have experience with the HL but I've had a TLR-1 for years. The only downfall to Scouts are their price. If you already have one, your wife is awesome and you're good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tommycanada
    Can you compare the two lights regarding their spread and throw.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    Tommycanada
    Can you compare the two lights regarding their spread and throw.
    Simply put, if you've already got the Surefire M600U, and if you were to trade it for a streamlight, you would be seriously downgrading.
    The M600U is Surefire's flagship weaponlight, used everyday by people who risk their lives to it.
    IMHO, its like saying that your wife bought you a fully loaded Cadillac, but you are considering trading it in for a base model Hyundai.
    Having owned both these lights, and tons of other weapon lights as well, this is MY honest opinion. Im not knocking streamlight or other brands, im simply giving my imput.
    Last edited by Tommycanada; 01-14-15 at 21:53.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you're on a budget, the TLR1 works very well for $100+-

But SF would be my first choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Currently using the 600 ultra on a work rifle. Use a few different tlr1 on various pistols. I have never had a problem with either to be honest. I don't have the streamlight model you are referencing but I can tell you that for beam throw the 600 ultra is great for target id, seeing contents of hands and so on. I'd say the only downside if there is any is the weight. You could save a bit by going with the compact.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommycanada View Post
    Simply put, if you've already got the Surefire M600U, and if you were to trade it for a streamlight, you would be seriously downgrading.
    The M600U is Surefire's flagship weaponlight, used everyday by people who risk their lives to it.
    IMHO, its like saying that your wife bought you a fully loaded Cadillac, but you are considering trading it in for a base model Hyundai.
    Having owned both these lights, and tons of other weapon lights as well, this is MY honest opinion. Im not knocking streamlight or other brands, im simply giving my imput.
    I totally agree on the lights, except for the Cadillac-Hyundai comparison. Hyundai have come a long way. That comparison was apt maybe 15-20 years ago.

For my next weaponlight, I am actually looking at Elzetta. They make top-grade stuff. Check out people's reviews. Their lights look like they hold up to malicious abuse. Malkoff head, it even works when disassembled and reassembled under water.

It's a helluva party trick, but is an indicator of what went into making the light.
    They make a 1,2 and 3-cell version of this light, as well as a 1 CR123 integrated weapon light that looks prety interesting.
    http://www.elzetta.com/pre-order-con...pon-light.html
    The amount of configurations and options they offer (head, lens, bezel, tailcap switches, bodies) is vast.