Thread: LcrX?

Feedback Score

LcrX?

Any one tried one out yet? Thay look great and was thinking about one on my ankle ? Thanks for you thoughts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Out of curiosity, why would you want an exposed hammer on an ankle gun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LightningFast View Post
    Out of curiosity, why would you want an exposed hammer on an ankle gun?
    I guess in just trying to justify buying one ?where would I pack it ? Ah anyway ur probably right not much logic in lcrx on the ankle. I just like the thought of being able to make a more precise shot in single action.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I shot one yesterday. I bought it because my father has arthritis and struggles with the trigger on his 642. The LCRx also has slightly less felt recoil than his 642 so it was a good choice for him. We discovered that he had less trouble with the double action on the Ruger for some reason, so perhaps the standard LCR would have been a better choice afterall. As he gets older the single action option may pay off.

Either way, it shot as I expected for a lightweight snubbie.
    Last edited by Opie; 12-31-14 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My thought is it would make a good snake gun for out in the woods.
    "That which is dead can eternal lie,and with strange aeons even death may die"~Lovecraft

Feedback Score
    Hadn't been a big fan of the LCR series, but I recently got to handle the LCRX w/3 inch barrel. The grip is slightly longer and it is by far the ugliest revolver I have ever seen. I WANT ONE!!
    "You Can't Miss Fast Enough, To Win The Gunfight" - Andy Seminick

Feedback Score
    I'm holding out for a LCRx 3inch in 22LR. The Ruger rep said it's coming. I'm not really sure what I'm going to use it for but it might be a fun plinker.

The single action on the .38+P model is pretty nice and the gun is super lightweight.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krull View Post
    My thought is it would make a good snake gun for out in the woods.
    I've worked on ranches in rattlesnake, cottonmouth, and copperhead country all my life and have never felt the need to shoot a snake.

Unless they're already dead they're pretty hard to shoot with a handgun. I have stepped on a few, stand on their head and cut the body off with my pocketknife. With a Glock in the holster.