Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: KAK Supertube with Thordson buffer cover and CAA Saddle-lots of pics

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by Tdizle; 01-31-15 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Why are you talking LOP with a pistol? Just use the damn thing as intended - as a better cheekrest.
    LOP can still apply to an AR pistol - some people like to hold it out further or closer in - without it touching the shoulder. not everyone shoots an AR pistol NTCH, so the position of the cheek may change.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    LOP can still apply to an AR pistol - some people like to hold it out further or closer in - without it touching the shoulder. not everyone shoots an AR pistol NTCH, so the position of the cheek may change.
    I have to disagree - LOP only refers to the distance between the trigger and buttplate. If you need a longer distance from trigger to cheekpiece, it's not LOP. I shoot both of my pistols with cheek weld only, and not NTCH - I can't see how a longer position on the CAA saddle will help there. Again, LOP implies shouldering.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My only issue with this set-up is I haven't seen any ATF letter of approval. I've seen the letters on the website. One saying the cover is not a stock and the one for the sidesaddle placed on a buffer tube (which specifically stated it only applied to that exact set-up- last couple of sentences).

http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.c...tol_letter.pdf

I would love to see an ATF letter approving as exactly set-up as you or Thordsens website has it.

If anyone has one or link I'd appreciate a post here.
    Last edited by Dump1567; 12-28-14 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dump1567 View Post
    My only issue with this set-up is I haven't seen any ATF letter of approval. I've seen the letters on the website. One saying the cover is not a stock and the one for the sidesaddle placed on a buffer tube (which specifically stated it only applied to that exact set-up- last couple of sentences).

http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.c...tol_letter.pdf

I would love to see an ATF letter approving as exactly set-up as you or Thordsens website has it.

If anyone has one or link I'd appreciate a post here.
    No more letters please

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by Tdizle; 01-31-15 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have to disagree - LOP only refers to the distance between the trigger and buttplate. If you need a longer distance from trigger to cheekpiece, it's not LOP. I shoot both of my pistols with cheek weld only, and not NTCH - I can't see how a longer position on the CAA saddle will help there. Again, LOP implies shouldering.
    well, we can call it something else then, that describes what it is. what would you call it?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdizle View Post
    SERIOUSLY! Good god guys, not everything needs an ATF letter. Thordson website say the buffer tube cover with and without the caa check riser is approved. leave it at that. Its a PISTOL buffer tube, please stop with the letters.
    My only concern is the set-up you currently have is not what Thordsen submitted and had approved by the ATF. Hence the two different letters they post.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    well, we can call it something else then, that describes what it is. what would you call it?
    OAL would work.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    [content removed]
    Last edited by softorchestra; 01-05-15 at 21:42.
    so

I refuse to participate in online forums which do not show respect to the members or their freedom of speech.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast