Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: KAK Supertube with Thordson buffer cover and CAA Saddle-lots of pics

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by Tdizle; 01-31-15 at 11:53.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by softorchestra View Post

Is the sling mount on the enhanced worth getting? Do either of you use it?
    i use a receiver end plate for a sling attach point. the socket on the thorsden is not rotation limited. but, it doesn't cost much more than the standard, so it doesn't hurt to try it out to see if you like it.

Feedback Score
    deleted

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    OAL would work.
    not very descriptive, but then again, maybe it's best to be generic when referring to pistols. works for me.

Feedback Score
    deleted

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdizle View Post
    re read the letter, it doesnt state what type of receiver extension the Thordson buffer cover must be installed on. Its states that the buffer tube cover with CAA saddle does not make a pistol into an NFA firearm. Mine is on a pistol specific buffer tube that can never accept a collapsible butt stock, as i see it, its no different than the keyed buffer tube Thordson supplies in the kit.

edit: the letter with just the saddle i dont believe applies(from 2011) and i am referring to the response i quoted in the previous post, using the buffer tube cover in conjunction with the saddle(from 2013)
    No problem using the cover at all. But if you look at the CAA Cheek riser on their website, I believe that is what the letter is referring to as legal. I don't believe they submitted the CAA side saddle on their tube for approval.

I believe the pic below covers the first letter (Shown with cheek riser).

The second letter addresses the CAA side saddle. The letter also states it's specifically for the example submitted (shown on standard buffer). And warns it may not apply to something else.

Is the side saddle legal on the buffer tube cover? Who knows. But I don't believe the way you have it set-up (and shown on Thordsens website) was ever submitted to the ATF for approval.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdizle View Post
    What happened to no more letters?

I like the CAA/Thordsen Customs option--thanks for the how to OP.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    delete
    Last edited by Dump1567; 12-28-14 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    deleted

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by softorchestra View Post
    I agree with your point, LOP is not a good term to use for a pistol, since it implies a rifle. That could be bad for an AR pistol. People need to be careful on their choice of words.

That said, I'm going to order me a Thordsen. I had been looking at them already, but this has given a good view of it. I notice they have a sale on the enhanced buffer tube cover kit, $5 off. http://www.thordsencustoms.com/shop/...T-x3155914.htm

Is the sling mount on the enhanced worth getting? Do either of you use it?
    I did get the enhanced. Having the QDs is nice, but I'm more used to a central end plate QD and am still trying to get used to the side location. I'm slinging left side rear of HG and right side of the RE.
    Ken in Texas

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast